Igniter stop igniting

Cambamatl

Reaction score
Igniter stop igniting. Any tips on this? Only had grill for a month or so. Used maybe 5 or 6 times. Cleaned in maintained twice in between those times.

I would check if the wiring connection is loose, but it seems that there is a quality control issue going on with Pit Boss. I would buy a new igniter on Amazon and then call Pit Boss to send you a new one and at least you will have back up. Unless you want to wait 3 - 4 weeks maybe longer for you to get your igniter from Pit Boss.

Ok cool thanks. I went ahead and ordered the igniter already. I’ll reach out to pitboss too.

I would check if the wiring connection is loose, but it seems that there is a quality control issue going on with Pit Boss. I would buy a new igniter on Amazon and then call Pit Boss to send you a new one and at least you will have back up. Unless you want to wait 3 - 4 weeks maybe longer for you to get your igniter from Pit Boss.

Hi dave, my pit boss won’t turn on. I’ve been through several control panels and none had blown fuses. Outlets are good and connections are secure.. can you think of any thing to help?

Hi dave, my pit boss won’t turn on. I’ve been through several control panels and none had blown fuses. Outlets are good and connections are secure.. can you think of any thing to help?

Are you using an extension cord? Also check the wiring again and especially the power cord wires that connect to the controller.

How many controllers have you had?

3 different ones and I was using extension but tried hooking the pit boss straight to the outlet and still no luck. I double checked the wires and everything is matching in colors and is plugged in. It won’t even light up the power button blue

Are you using an extension cord? If so try without one or at least shorter.

I just double checked my fuses and it looks like they are blown. What is causing my pit boss to blow all of them? And where can I buy new ones? Any advice on how to not blow fuses?
1597540394434.jpeg

That's really odd and I have no clue. I would contact customer service and see if they have a solution.

I just double checked my fuses and it looks like they are blown. What is causing my pit boss to blow all of them? And where can I buy new ones? Any advice on how to not blow fuses?View attachment 251

So you have a short somewhere so I would check to make your there is a wire that is grounded to the hopper. I have a feeling it has to do with the power cord that is something wrong with it.

Take everything out of the grill and empty the hopper and flip the grill on it back so you get a better angle on seeing what it going with the wiring.

Latest Discussions

Back