Igniter problem

turk55

Reaction score
So couple days ago I had to replace the igniter and all lent well so I thought, yesterday I decided to fire it up and do up some chops well smoker fired up and did its thing as expected but after completing the job I found the fan wouldn't quit running until I unplugged it. Today I fig I would see what was going on and found I had switched the connections so corrected the problem fired smoker up again and it worked great (so I thought) this time the fan turned off like it should but now the Igniter will not turn off till I unplug it ! What's going on ?

I'm looking for the same answer mine started doing the same thing yesterday after replacing the igniter with a new one

double check the connection to the igniter to the control board. Check the manual for the configuration.

I already have since the ignitor was the only thing I unplugged I feel pretty certain that it is plugged in the correct place on the control board

I already have since the ignitor was the only thing I unplugged I feel pretty certain that it is plugged in the correct place on the control board

Did you take everything out of the grill and start it up to make sure that the igniter is staying on. If it is staying and the connections are correct then you have a bad controller.

Yes I did remove everything from the inside of the grill did my test fire and shut the grill down and the igniter stayed on even after the controller was shut off. The only way to power off the ignitor was to unplug the power cord. Within the last month I rebuilt all of the electronics and the fire pot in the grill replacing the controller the temperature probe a new fire pot and a new igniter the last igniter shorted out right before the one that I have in it now. I guess it's a possibility that when the last igniter shorted out it could have spiked the controller causing the issue I have now.

it does seem that your controller is not working. I would call PB and have them send you a new one.

Latest Discussions

Back