I Want More Smoke

Try different pellets. Make sure they are at least 100% hardwood(no flavor oils) and preferably 100% flavor wood. Cookin Pellets and Lumber Jack have 100% flavor wood pellets. Unless it says something like 100% hickory, or oak, etc. it is a blend of heat wood, normally oak or alder, and flavor wood. There is another brand or two of 100% flavor wood brands but I don't remember their name(s).

Try different pellets. Make sure they are at least 100% hardwood(no flavor oils) and preferably 100% flavor wood. Cookin Pellets and Lumber Jack have 100% flavor wood pellets. Unless it says something like 100% hickory, or oak, etc. it is a blend of heat wood, normally oak or alder, and flavor wood. There is another brand or two of 100% flavor wood brands but I don't remember their name(s).
Smoke house is a 100% wood that's what I started using get them at Sam's club

I've been using Cookin Pellets 100% hardwood. No fillers, no bark. Great flavor.

I’ll have to check tomorrow for the S setting…
thanks all…

@PawPaw and Ant. 100% hardwood is the minimum hurdle. 100% flavor wood is where you want to be at along with the bark since bark is very flavorful. You want the sapwood and bark; not the heartwood.

Last edited:
I have a new 100PCS2 smoker/grill. There is no "SMOKE" setting on my control panel. How do I get more smoke? My Smoke Tube just arrived which will help. Seems like all recipes say to turn it to "SMOKE"...which of course that is not an option on my smoker. I just filled my 12" smoke tube to see how long it lasts.View attachment 2006View attachment 2007
You hit the big dial to change your temperatures there is what looks like a number five but it really is an s for smoke. It brings a temperature to about 180°. I don't find that it adds that much more smoke I have a smoke tube which works pretty well. My problem is I come from burning wood to a pellet smoker. There truly is not much comparison a pallet smoker is light on the smoke. I think I am going to add a smoke Daddy smoke generator to mine. Anyway the tube will help a great deal. If you use mesquite you will get some strong smoke. Or at least better smoke.

Back