I may be away for a bit

MikeInFla

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I may not be active on here for a few months. I am losing my job. After 92 years in business my facility is closing. The plant closes June 6.

WestRock Panama City closing

You can read at link above. So now I am job hunting and will probably have to move out of state. I do have some opportunities lined up to remain in the company so that is what I am going to pursue.

I'll check in when time allows but right now I'm in survival mode.

Thanks for reading,

Mike

Last edited:
Hello all,

I may not be active on here for a few months. I am losing my job. After 92 years in business my facility is closing. The plant closes June 6.

You can read at link above. So now I am job hunting and will probably have to move out of state. I do have some opportunities lined up to remain in the company so that is what I am going to pursue.

Thanks for reading,

Mime
Sorry about that Mike. Hang in there. Fortunately in my career path such did not happen buy I had many relatives and acquaintances that it did. Eventually, as least in the cases I am familiar with they bounced back, most often in a better position. Good luck.

Hello all,

Thanks for reading,

Mime
Sorry to hear Mike! Keep your head up I’m sure you’ll find something just as good if not better soon!

Dang Mike that sux!
How long you been there and what do you do?
Been there 19 years. I work in the Lab (paper testing) and I am the trainer for the area (train new employees). I have some other titles as well but this is a shock to our family and community. Chances are I will move away. I'll know more next week, prob Wednesday should know.

If I stay with the company there will be no lapse of insurance so that's my main goal. Will just be hard to move away, live alone and have my wife and daughters in Florida

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that Mike, hopefully things straighten out for you quickly.

That sux, any severance pay? I went through that13 years ago when the place relocated in China, I had 30 years in, over 650 of us lost great paying jobs.

Hello all,

Thanks for reading,

Mime
Sorry to hear this. Good luck and hope you find something soon.

Hello all,

Thanks for reading,

Mime
Sorry to hear it Mike...Keep the faith, it'll all work out

Hello all,

Thanks for reading,

Mime
So very sorry to hear this. My prayers are for you and all those effected by this closure. May the Lord give you all hope, protection and a prosperous new future for your families. 🙏

Latest Discussions

Back