I guess what they say is true...

BoilerBrewer

Reaction score
You can't get a good smoke ring with a pellet smoker. :unsure:

And, that was without a smoke tube on my PBV4PS2.

Attachments

• IMG_0950.JPG
    IMG_0950.JPG
    232.1 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_0951.JPG
    IMG_0951.JPG
    157 KB · Views: 69
Well, to be fair, I was being facetious. I'd always heard that pellet smokers couldn't give you a good smoke ring, and I was pretty pleased with those ribs (which tasted awesome as well!).

I kept them on S (which got up to about 180) for an hour or so and then bumped it to 270 for another couple of hours, spritzing every 30 minutes with apple cider vinegar. I then put each plate in an aluminum pan with a bit of beef broth and sealed them with foil, and returned them to the smoker for another couple of hours.

When they hit 203 and were probe tender I let them rest for an hour in a cooler. Fantastic.

You can't get a good smoke ring with a pellet smoker. :unsure:

And, that was without a smoke tube on my PBV4PS2.
That's a nice smoke ring. I use about 25% charcoal pellets mixed with my regular flavor pellets, along with a Mojo Brick on top of my diffuser to accentuate the amount of smoke I get. Plenty of smoke ring with charcoal pellets added.

That's a nice smoke ring. I use about 25% charcoal pellets mixed with my regular flavor pellets, along with a Mojo Brick on top of my diffuser to accentuate the amount of smoke I get. Plenty of smoke ring with charcoal pellets added.

Thanks...I have some charcoal pellets but haven't used them yet. I forget if I used hickory or some kind of competition blend.

Latest Discussions

Back