I’m new to the forum

Bad Karma

Reaction score
Western Slope 7500’ elevation nearly nowhere.
But like many of y’all have been smoking and grilling meat since I first smelled a campfire.

I’ve had my Pro 820 for a little over a year and I’ve had some spectacular successes with this thing. And some equally spectacular failures. Flameouts, runaway temps, and everything in between. If the causes were easily explained, in both instances, I’d be happy to create solutions. They aren’t.

I suspect cheaply manufactured parts, like boards, ignitor, fans and auger motors combined with questionable engineering are the source of most of the problems we’ve all experienced.

Well, if it was easy, everyone would be doing it... smoke on.

I agree with every thing you just said. For the price payed for these things they should be a lot better.

Sorry to hear that and glad you have made lemonade out of lemons....hmmm....smoked lemons.....I digress!
Just got my KC Combo and so far, so good! I figured since the same company that make Louisiana Grills make these that it would be a homerun!
I just got rid of a Sawtooth pellet grill that had such horrible engineering that zone ended up ripping out the OEM controls and creating my own with a relay board, Arduino Uno, Thermocouple probe and a 3.5” touch screen! Had to revert back to ORM controls to sell the hunk of garbage, but paid $1000 wholesale for that thing and it was made in Boise, ID!
Best of luck for all of us! ?

Welcome to the forum @Bad Karma ?

I think (hope?) the quality is improving with Pit Boss every year while still keeping the grills affordable.

Latest Discussions

Back