How to get someone from Danson's/Pit Boss to respond?

mmskelton

Reaction score
Grill is dead. I've tried to contact Danson's via email, phone, put in trouble ticket, all to no avail. What else can I do?

Wait. They are slow to respond. I think customer service is working remote due to Covid.
If not contacted within 24 hours, call/email again! Don't let up!
Once you make contact, they are good at throwing parts at you with no problem. Be prepared for a B/O on some popular parts.....

Wait. They are slow to respond. I think customer service is working remote due to Covid.
If not contacted within 24 hours, call/email again! Don't let up!
Once you make contact, they are good at throwing parts at you with no problem. Be prepared for a B/O on some popular parts.....
Thanks - I'll keep trying...

Have you tried contacting them through Social media (Facebook, Twitter or Instagram) I know many companies have dedicated Social Media people who help get you in touch with support fairly quick.

Try calling early in the day and leave a call back number. Also, as above, try Facebook.

There customer service is back to normal operations now. The issue they are having is the heavy volume of calls with issues with there product and there is still a stock issue on certain parts as well.

Mike said try the early is the best option and Facebook is ok they do at times resposnd if it is something very negative. Twitter do not bother you can say anything on it and they never respond.

I've also been awaiting response since Thursday. If this is their "return to normal", then I may as well ask for a return as I have only had two burns..........

I called Sunday and left a call back number. It took 3 hours but they called back. I did this after I started a case on the web site.

For me all it took was 8 messages left on the “Start a ticket” page, 3 phone calls, and literally 7 hrs straight on hold. Then the lady was very nice, helpful, and very apologetic. She then shipped me the wrong controller. I responded to an email she had sent me and 5 weeks later I had the right controller. Pretty frustrating. Next time I’ll spend the money and buy a different controller.

I called a week and a half ago. Got a call back in an hour. Got my part last Friday. Right part but did not fix the issue. I called Sunday and received a call back I 3 hours and part is on the way. I guess I am having good luck.

My PID board died in August. Opened a ticket which they responded to quickly. They said the board was on backorder. They then responded September 22nd the board was in and was being shipped. It was to arrive in 2 weeks. Sent a follow up October 6th which was never answered. Tried opening a new case October 9 and received no response. Sent another message October 13 which was also ignored. Called them October 15 (no toll free so called them long distance on my dime) and left a call back number. They called back later that day. The board was shipped October 16 but won't arrive until the end of the month. Very frustrating as the unit was only 5 months old and I had become hooked on smoking every weekend. It'll be too cold here to use it until the spring now. The grill itself is extremely well built and functioned perfectly until the problem with the board. Their initial service is good but I suspect they hand things off to a 3rd party, who is probably the people that dropped the ball.

Grill is dead. I've tried to contact Danson's via email, phone, put in trouble ticket, all to no avail. What else can I do?
I had a problem with a brand new 820 Pro. I called several times and left a message to call me back which they never did. I finally stayed on hold for two full hours before they answered but when they finally did the guy was very helpful and sent out a new control panel the next day, it arrived two days later.

My PID board died in August. Opened a ticket which they responded to quickly. They said the board was on backorder. They then responded September 22nd the board was in and was being shipped. It was to arrive in 2 weeks. Sent a follow up October 6th which was never answered. Tried opening a new case October 9 and received no response. Sent another message October 13 which was also ignored. Called them October 15 (no toll free so called them long distance on my dime) and left a call back number. They called back later that day. The board was shipped October 16 but won't arrive until the end of the month. Very frustrating as the unit was only 5 months old and I had become hooked on smoking every weekend. It'll be too cold here to use it until the spring now. The grill itself is extremely well built and functioned perfectly until the problem with the board. Their initial service is good but I suspect they hand things off to a 3rd party, who is probably the people that dropped the ball.
It still works in the cold! Will probably use more pellets in cold weather but it still works!

It still works in the cold! Will probably use more pellets in cold weather but it still works!

You live in Florida buddy :)

Our definitions of cold are probably very different.

I'm talking 20 degrees below zero ( Fahrenheit )

Watch the video, Paul is Canadian. His maintains at 350 while it is 16 degrees. He said he would post another when it was even colder.

But yeah, cold weather here in Florida is 60. I think the coldest I have used mine is in the 50's.

Back