hot spot in grill

RobH

Reaction score
Unless I missed it, I don't see where anyone has a post concerning a hot spot above the burn pot. This is an issue even when smoking meat. I would like to try a packer brisket but the hot spot above the burn pot will add extra heat to a limited area of the brisket. Has anyone figured out a way to mitigate this hot spot so it does not affect the brisket? Thanks,

Rob

Mitigations...
Loose foil
Foil pan with your choice of moisturizing beverage

Seen a lot of guys using the foil pan method. Two rocks...birds...you know the thing.

Unless I missed it, I don't see where anyone has a post concerning a hot spot above the burn pot. This is an issue even when smoking meat. I would like to try a packer brisket but the hot spot above the burn pot will add extra heat to a limited area of the brisket. Has anyone figured out a way to mitigate this hot spot so it does not affect the brisket? Thanks,

Rob

I just did a brisket flat and cooked it right over the fire pot. It came out perfect. I have cooked many different meats and have had no problem at all. You may be worrying just a little bit about something that will cause you no problem. Remember that large pits have hot spots also. I honestly think you'll be just fine.

I agree, hot spot in the middle of the cooking surface been a problem at times for myself also. I modified an old cookie sheet and have placed it under the grates (right on top of the sear plate) and have been filling with water to help spread some of the heat.
Another cookie sheet hack is to put two sheets together (cooking surfaces facing each other) and rivet together making a 1/2 to 3/4 air gap and place on top of the grates. Will use either one depending what we are cooking.

Latest Discussions

Back