Hopper Screen

Clyde

Reaction score
What is the purpose of the hopper screen does anyone know. I was wonder I was thinking about taking it out so I can push pellets if I need to & don’t have to use a stick.thanks

Safety. But who lets their kids get anywhere near the grill? I took mine out and have had no issues. I did leave it in on my vertical smoker and just use a broom stick to push them around but will probably eventually remove it as well. It is just there as a safety measure to keep someone from getting fingers stuck in the auger while turning. Common sense says no one would do that but if they did not put it there then someone could sue them if they lost a finger.

Safety. But who lets their kids get anywhere near the grill? I took mine out and have had no issues. I did leave it in on my vertical smoker and just use a broom stick to push them around but will probably eventually remove it as well. It is just there as a safety measure to keep someone from getting fingers stuck in the auger while turning. Common sense says no one would do that but if they did not put it there then someone could sue them if they lost a finger.
Thank you sir

What is the purpose of the hopper screen does anyone know. I was wonder I was thinking about taking it out so I can push pellets if I need to & don’t have to use a stick.thanks
Now on my 2nd pit boss, took the screen out of both. More govt. safety BS.

Now on my 2nd pit boss, took the screen out of both. More govt. safety BS.
I wasn’t sure what it was for I didn’t know if it would mess up the feed of the pellets thanks for your response

My Yoder does not have a protection screen I believe Pit Boss was just trying to be safe I guess.

I left mine in and did a mod I saw on YT. Cut out the interior portion of the grid and left a "one square" all around the edges to support the hopper frame itself. No more poking with a stick to even the pellets!

Took mine out, much easier to control pellet flow.
If you leave it in you can use a paint stirrer to move your pellets around.

Back