Help with beef tenderloin

Horsejody

Reaction score
I have had a pellet grill for years, and I’m quite proficient with it. Unfortunately, it’s wearing out. The hinges on the lid are just about shot. My husband got me a brand new vertical Pit Boss smoker for Christmas. Change is hard for me. I used the new smoker yesterday to smoke some meatballs. They came out great. However, I’m apprehensive about smoking a beef loin at Christmas. Do I use the lowest rack? How long, etc.? Any suggestions are appreciated.

Last edited:
Congrats on the new smoker. I would certainly use a thermometer on a cut like that. I like things rarer than some so would pull at 120/125. Personally would go with middle rack. Hopefully someone better will chime in momentarily.

Will you smoke it then sear it at the end? 120 = rare, 135 = medium. If just putting in the smoker to cook I'd go with 350-375 deg till the internal temperature is what you like it.

I have both a vertical and a regular. When using the vertical I normally put the meat on the rack by the door latch. Make sure there is water in the pan.

Latest Discussions

Back