Help Needed - Looking for deep bark

jaison

Reaction score
Hey team, I've had my pellet Pit Boss Copperhead Series 7 for 3 years and it works great. The meat is tender and flavorful. I've been chasing how to get deeper bark on my ribs and pulled pork. For ribs, I use a Killer Hogs brown sugar based rub and the 3, 2, 1 technique. They come out awesome and I'd put them against anyone's ribs but I don't get the dark bark others guys produce. I'd think I could just leave them in over 3 hrs... but I don't want to dry them out. I'll often throw them on the grill to burn the ends.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Attachments

• 20200510_180511.jpg
    20200510_180511.jpg
    393.6 KB · Views: 133
  • 20200406_173728.jpg
    20200406_173728.jpg
    226 KB · Views: 117
Hey team, I've had my pellet Pit Boss Copperhead Series 7 for 3 years and it works great. The meat is tender and flavorful. I've been chasing how to get deeper bark on my ribs and pulled pork. For ribs, I use a Killer Hogs brown sugar based rub and the 3, 2, 1 technique. They come out awesome and I'd put them against anyone's ribs but I don't get the dark bark others guys produce. I'd think I could just leave them in over 3 hrs... but I don't want to dry them out. I'll often throw them on the grill to burn the ends.

Any ideas? Thanks!

what type of pellets are you using? TBH those ribs have a great color.

Thanks Dave. Used Trager cherry wood pellets. The flavor is great, I was just curious about deeper bark. Almost "brisket" like.

Any ideas? Thanks!
Have you tried not wrapping them and just letting them ride until its done. Takes longer but you will get better bark on your pork butt. Try using just salt, pepper, garlic and a bit of paprika.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Any ideas? Thanks!
Try increasing your P-setting or use a smoke tube. More smoke might get you more bark.

Latest Discussions

Back