Hello from NC

malligood

Reaction score
Hello my name is Mack and I live in Eastern NC. Retired this year due to Covid layoffs. I’ve been cooking pretty much since I was 13. Currently I own a 700 and a Copperhead 5, I sold 2 CH 5’s this month as I used to do some catering but Covid killed that as well. Will be purchasing the New 1600 as soon as it arrives in Lowes. I also have my own line of BBQ Sauce.

1600? haven't heard of that one, gonna look it up.
From what i understand they were not supposed to be released until Feb. 2021 but Lowes is already putting them out, so far I’ve heard Tx and Idaho. Pics at some of the FB Pit Boss owners group.

Hello my name is Mack and I live in Eastern NC. Retired this year due to Covid layoffs. I’ve been cooking pretty much since I was 13. Currently I own a 700 and a Copperhead 5, I sold 2 CH 5’s this month as I used to do some catering but Covid killed that as well. Will be purchasing the New 1600 as soon as it arrives in Lowes. I also have my own line of BBQ Sauce.
Hi Mack and welcome to the forums. I'm also from Eastern NC about 10 miles south of Wilmington. Just curious what city you were in. What's the name of your sauce?

Hi Mack and welcome to the forums. I'm also from Eastern NC about 10 miles south of Wilmington. Just curious what city you were in. What's the name of your sauce?
Hello , I’m from Nashville NC, just west of Rocky Mount. My sauce is Bud Sauce, in the local section of all the Lowes Foods and Harris Teeaters in your area

I'm new to the forum as well. Live in Richlands... Just got my Pit Boss 850 last week. So far, so good... I was concerned about not enough smoke, but everything so far has had a good smoke ring. Would like a little more bark. I will have to try your Bud Sauce..

I'm new to the forum as well. Live in Richlands... Just got my Pit Boss 850 last week. So far, so good... I was concerned about not enough smoke, but everything so far has had a good smoke ring. Would like a little more bark. I will have to try your Bud Sauce..
I’ve heard the 850 is solid. I agree on the bark , but the pellet grill is easy. When I want bark I cook it on my Vision.

Welcome to the forums Padrak. I definitely know where Richlands is I go see my brother once a month he lives in Hubert/Swansboro area.

I’ve heard the 850 is solid. I agree on the bark , but the pellet grill is easy. When I want bark I cook it on my Vision.
I'm going to play with my pit boss, and see if I can work on getting better bark. It will take time, but 8 like a challenge. But I do have an offset stick smoker that I can guarantee bark.

Latest Discussions

Back