"HEAVY D" Stick burning heat diffuser

ANT0407

Reaction score
I just bought the HEAVY D stick burning heat diffuser from Smoke daddy Inc. I saw on the website that there was an option for a new version that fits pitboss grills. I held off buying the original version because to make it fit they wanted you to flatten the rounded drip pan. I was curious so I just called them and was told that the cut 1 inch of hight off of the original HEAVY D so it fits pitboss grills now. I can't wait to try it out. Has anyone ever used a HEAVY D before? I curious if anyone has any feedback.

Last edited:
I was really close to getting one of these and ended up just getting the regular diffuser and the searing station. Please let us know how it turns out.

I was really close to getting one of these and ended up just getting the regular diffuser and the searing station. Please let us know how it turns out.
I certainly will! I hope it works as well as the reviews say.

I'm totally surprised! I ordered it maybe an hour ago and just got an email that it has already shipped via FedEx. The don't mess around at Smoke Daddy!

I will do that for sure Mike. Fedex tracking says it will be delivered Saturday sometime so I probably won't use it until the following weekend.

Thanks Mike. The videos give me hope that I made a good investment. We'll see!

So here a disappointing update. It came and it doesn't fit over the burn pot on my 1600 pro series. It fits over the arm that the auger runs through but is about 3/16 of an inch too tight to fit over the burn pot. I contacted them by email and am waiting for a response.

So here a disappointing update. It came and it doesn't fit over the burn pot on my 1600 pro series. It fits over the arm that the auger runs through but is about 3/16 of an inch too tight to fit over the burn pot. I contacted them by email and am waiting for a response.
Man that's too bad! Was really wanting to know how it works.

Man that's too bad! Was really wanting to know how it works.
I'm thinking I might modify it to fit if there is no other option. So there's still hope. We'll see what smoke daddy's reply is first

No update yet. They told me that the burnpot in the 1600 is slightly larger than other pitboss grills so it didn't fit. I will be modifying it but haven't had the time.

Attachments

• 20210809_110640.jpg
    20210809_110640.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 175
  • 20210809_110602.jpg
    20210809_110602.jpg
    202 KB · Views: 177

Latest Discussions

Back