Gasket

Rhurley

Reaction score
Has anyone used any of the self adhesive gasket material on their smoker/grill lids to stop smoke loss? I have a Laredo and it has smoke loss around the lid, trying to improve smoke flavor and heat loss.wanting opinions on witch is the best to use.New to the pellet scene but been smoking for few years. Thanks for any info

I've tried this stuff with a couple of offsets that I used to have. Works great at first, but then they start coming off. I gave up on them, but maybe there's some more reliable stuff out there now.

I have used the Oklahoma Joe's gasket material roll they sell at Lowe's for about $15.oo
It works good but it seems to shrink a little over time, I now have a couple 1 inch gaps that leak where it used to butt together.
If you use it you will have to clean the edges really well for it to stick.
I scrubbed with degreaser for a while until no more dark color came off on the rags.
Maybe take the lid off and spray with brake cleaner next time.

Thanks for the info. I've read were alot of people complained that it will start peeling up and didn't want to mess with all the time be a waste of time and defeat the purpose. I already use a smoke tube, just trying to stop the loss as much as possible. I will keep looking into it more and see what I can find. Again thanks for the info.

Has anyone used any of the self adhesive gasket material on their smoker/grill lids to stop smoke loss? I have a Laredo and it has smoke loss around the lid, trying to improve smoke flavor and heat loss.wanting opinions on witch is the best to use.New to the pellet scene but been smoking for few years. Thanks for any info
I am new myself, however I used the following with success. No smoke around my lid.
Fireblack® Hi Temp BBQ smoker Gasket Self Stick 15 ft High Heat 1/2 x 1/8 Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00TAJW0Q...abc_D9S10P7QJQR5CEVNE46Y?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I used lava lock and found that it left my lid sitting a little funny on the bottom side. Tried to take it off and hated every minute. Personally wouldn’t recommend.

Smoke tube
I layer pellets and wood chips for more smoke

Does a gasket really make a difference when there is a huge hole for the chimney?
On vertical yes. I want the smoke working it's way up through what I'm smoking rather than out through the door. The cracked gasket I just replaced had smoke pouring out of the bottom right side

I haven't used it on my pit boss, yet. I've used it on my other smokers and it works very well. Never had it peel off. I did clean the area very well, first.

On vertical yes. I want the smoke working it's way up through what I'm smoking rather than out through the door. The cracked gasket I just replaced had smoke pouring out of the bottom right side
Did you get gasket from Dansons or find one on-line? I’m waiting for a warranty replacement but fighting temps while still smoking. TIA

Latest Discussions

Back