Flame keeps going out

Rwolfe89

Reaction score
I have a pitboss 700fb I used it once on Thanksgiving and it worked great but I was making ribs today and the flame kept going out every hour and a half or so. The auger kept feeding pellets and overflowing the pit and I can hear the fan still going. Anyone help would be great.

MKinHB

Staff member
Reaction score
did you vacuum the fire pot out first? I would check if it is full of ash, mine creates a lot of ash and I have to vacuum it out every time I use it. The ash gets over the igniter after about 4 - 5 hours of use, I think that is not good as it might prevent the pellets from burning.

Rwolfe89

Reaction score
did you vacuum the fire pot out first? I would check if it is full of ash, mine creates a lot of ash and I have to vacuum it out every time I use it. The ash gets over the igniter after about 4 - 5 hours of use, I think that is not good as it might prevent the pellets from burning.
I pulled all the pellets out and there was some ash and some hard chunks in the pit I will try cleaning it on Sunday due to the noreaster thats coming and running it empty and see what happens thanks for the input