Flame broiler plate not sealing. Warped after first use. Burned ribs. Laredo 1000. Doesn't seal off flame. Any one else having this problem?

Danny 952

Reaction score
Broiler plate not sealing when closed. Allowed flame to pass through thus burning ribs.

I hate to say this but without a mod it's going to be much hotter here even closed. There are many mods posted here that work great. At least you got the bigger smoker so cooking left or right of the broiler shouldn't be too big of an issue. Think of it as an instant hot spot to use for veggies or crisping up skin on other proteins.

I hate to say this but without a mod it's going to be much hotter here even closed. There are many mods posted here that work great. At least you got the bigger smoker so cooking left or right of the broiler shouldn't be too big of an issue. Think of it as an instant hot spot to use for veggies or crisping up skin on other proteins.

Have a replacement plate coming next week. If it doesn't seal it's going back to Walmart. Don't want that much heat concentrated Under my ribs. Rack of ribs were burned one end to the other. This is a new piece of equipment. I would like it to work the way it's supposed to.

Have a replacement plate coming next week. If it doesn't seal it's going back to Walmart. Don't want that much heat concentrated Under my ribs. Rack of ribs were burned one end to the other. This is a new piece of equipment. I would like it to work the way it's supposed to.
I agree.

Have a replacement plate coming next week. If it doesn't seal it's going back to Walmart. Don't want that much heat concentrated Under my ribs. Rack of ribs were burned one end to the other. This is a new piece of equipment. I would like it to work the way it's supposed to
If you got the one from Smoke Daddy I can verify that it will not solve heat difference completely but it will definitely make you happier.

Sorry you’ve had issues. Mines been good also. I’m new at smoking but after my first not so good attempt at ribs I tried the 3,2,1 method and OH so yummy! I’ve been very happy with my Laredo 1000. Beer can chicken, brisket, steak… been trying it all. I even baked cornbread in a glass pan on the middle shelf. Wish you the best!

Just received a new slider plate from Pit Boss. Sorry to say the fit was worse than the original. Now less than a week left on my return window and I'm not willing to wait for Pit Boss to send me more parts. Took it back to Walmart. They took it back no problem.

Just received a new slider plate from Pit Boss. Sorry to say the fit was worse than the original. Now less than a week left on my return window and I'm not willing to wait for Pit Boss to send me more parts. Took it back to Walmart. They took it back no problem.
Sorry for your troubles.

Latest Discussions

Back