First pellet grill

Phired-up

Reaction score
Howdy. Just bought my first pellet grill. Small table top/tailgater 150PPG. Have used it 3 times already. I love it. First question; where do y'all store all the different type of pellets? The flavors seem to be endless. Next thing I need to know is how to remove the unburnt pellets from the hopper to change flavors? There is a grate over the auger that prevents me from scooping out the pellets to change over. It appears 4 screws are holding the grate in place. Has anyone removed the grate to get to the pellets? I plan to ask this in one of the forums as well. thanks

First off welcome! I store my pellets is weather tight 5 gallon buckets. I'm not familiar with your model but the first think I did with mine is remove the grate in the hopper.

Welcome. Remove the screws and empty it out, don't loose one. I'd put the grate back after.

Thanks guys. I thought I would remove the screws, 4 of them, but they seem to be torqued down to the point that there were meant to stay in place. I looked underneath and there is no reason these are torqued like that. I guess I'll just bear down a little harder on the screws. Other option is to just vacuum out the pellets. Some also mentioned the pellets burning inside the auger. True enough. The fire pot is not deep enough. Not sure how that got pass quality control, but it did. Now how to fix it without lifting the left side of the grill.
Now I just need to convince the wife that we need to grill on a daily basis, too many flavors, too little time. Not grilling tonight and I'm going through withdrawals.

Thanks guys. I thought I would remove the screws, 4 of them, but they seem to be torqued down to the point that there were meant to stay in place. I looked underneath and there is no reason these are torqued like that. I guess I'll just bear down a little harder on the screws. Other option is to just vacuum out the pellets. Some also mentioned the pellets burning inside the auger. True enough. The fire pot is not deep enough. Not sure how that got pass quality control, but it did. Now how to fix it without lifting the left side of the grill.
Now I just need to convince the wife that we need to grill on a daily basis, too many flavors, too little time. Not grilling tonight and I'm going through withdrawals.
Mine kept burning into the auger in the smoke range, Almost to the hopper. The fan seems to slow down to almost nothing. Pit boss support told me that it should not change speeds. They said that they would send me a new controller early October. Still waiting, and when I got in touch with them a couple of weeks ago, I was told that parts were back ordered. If and when I ever get the parts, it better fix the problem, or I will be looking for my money back. As far as I am concerned, This is a safety matter also, if it is left unattended for even a short time! Lets see how well they honour the warranty.

Mine kept burning into the auger in the smoke range, Almost to the hopper. The fan seems to slow down to almost nothing. Pit boss support told me that it should not change speeds. They said that they would send me a new controller early October. Still waiting, and when I got in touch with them a couple of weeks ago, I was told that parts were back ordered. If and when I ever get the parts, it better fix the problem, or I will be looking for my money back. As far as I am concerned, This is a safety matter also, if it is left unattended for even a short time! Lets see how well they honour the warranty.
Tried the left side lift, and same burnback!

Latest Discussions

Back