Firmware update

Funnone

Reaction score
I have the KC combo and downloaded the firmware update via the Smoke IT app, it downloads to 100% via Bluetooth and initializes and then prompts me to unplug the grill for a few moments and plug it back in. but when I plug it back in and turn it on the (IT) light is still flashing. Am I missing a step to finish the firmware update? Thanks for any help!

I have the KC combo and downloaded the firmware update via the Smoke IT app, it downloads to 100% via Bluetooth and initializes and then prompts me to unplug the grill for a few moments and plug it back in. but when I plug it back in and turn it on the (IT) light is still flashing. Am I missing a step to finish the firmware update? Thanks for any help!
Same here . I have just about given up on it.

I think there is much to be desired in their documentation. I have the Lockhart platinum and I guess I am lucky everything worked out of the box. I am an IT professional and was very excited about the Lockhart being blue tooth and wireless. I did the firmware upgrade about 5 times. What seemed to work for me is move the smoker within range of your wireless network. If all is working ok you will see a blue tooth, wireless and cloud icon. Make sure wireless is setup in the IT app (gear icon in upper left). Try the update and when done unplug as directed. Wait at least a minute to plug back in. Be patient with the temp Wiggins out. It will eventually stabilize. Good luck!!!

I just found out from tech support that the IT light will continue to flash if you have not completed the wireless network setup. Mine quit blinking immediately after that.

I just found out from tech support that the IT light will continue to flash if you have not completed the wireless network setup. Mine quit blinking immediately after that.

I just bought a KC Combo last night. It did the firmware update over BT but my IT light is still flashing. I have completed the network setup and it is connected to my wireless router. Even with BT off I can connect to the grill but I cannot control it and the app does not update the grill info.

Anyone figure this out? I see no way to load the firmware again. Thanks.

I just bought a KC Combo last night. It did the firmware update over BT but my IT light is still flashing. I have completed the network setup and it is connected to my wireless router. Even with BT off I can connect to the grill but I cannot control it and the app does not update the grill info.

Anyone figure this out? I see no way to load the firmware again. Thanks.
I called Smoke IT tech service for troubleshooting when I had this problem. The things that fixed mine were 1) change my iPhone from dark mode to light mode so the app would accept input, and 2) enter the 2.4 GHz channel and password from my router into the app because the 5GHz channel will not work with the app. I was also told the firmware update might have to be entered a few times to get to the most current, but I'm not sure of the accuracy of that.

I called Smoke IT tech service for troubleshooting when I had this problem. The things that fixed mine were 1) change my iPhone from dark mode to light mode so the app would accept input, and 2) enter the 2.4 GHz channel and password from my router into the app because the 5GHz channel will not work with the app. I was also told the firmware update might have to be entered a few times to get to the most current, but I'm not sure of the accuracy of that.
Thanks. The Smoke IT tech support used Teamviewer on my laptop to connect to my board via Bluetooth. They couldn't get it working even though I can connect the board to two different wifi routers and an Android phone hotspot. It connects but no communication once connected. IT light keeps flashing.

Oh well Pitboss is sending me a new board. I am very happy with the Pitboss customer support. They are also sending me a handful of hardware parts that the clowns at WallyWorld were too lazy (or too clueless) to install. This includes the two side support brackets and they didn't use most of the washers and lock washers.

Latest Discussions

Back