Fire pot issues... excessive smoke no heat

djlevi79

Reaction score
So I used to be able to get 3-4 smoking sessions before I had to clean my fire pot.

now I use it once for grilling steaks and try it again and it just smokes not getting up to temperature staying right at 95 degrees.

This has happened several times. Put another way how often do you have to clean your fire pot? It shouldn’t be have to clean it every time after just grilling something simple like steaks. Correct?

suggestions?

So I used to be able to get 3-4 smoking sessions before I had to clean my fire pot.

now I use it once for grilling steaks and try it again and it just smokes not getting up to temperature staying right at 95 degrees.

This has happened several times. Put another way how often do you have to clean your fire pot? It shouldn’t be have to clean it every time after just grilling something simple like steaks. Correct?

suggestions?

Usually after every long cook like ribs, pork butt, like 5+ hours and after about 4-5 short cooks ie burgers, dogs, chicken is when I like to clean mine out haven’t had any issues this way.

My last few time using my 1100 it takes forever for the chamber to catch. Smokes to high heaven the finally a pop! Fire has taken over.

Instantly I said it needed to be cleaned, well cleaned it and still the same problem. Em I missing something?

suggestions?

Clean it everytime after a cook just to reduce the headache.

Latest Discussions

Back