Fire goes out when changing temps?

Starshiphooptie

Reaction score
I've got a pit boss 700 thats about 3 months old. I've already had to replace the control board and power cord due to an LO1 error. I haven't seen the error since replacing those parts but now I'm having problems with my fire going out. I start as normal and get a visible fire going. Tonight I had it preheated at 200 and turned it up to 350 to grill some chicken breast. Come to check on it about 15 minutes later and my fires out. This has happened multiple times this week and various settings and temps. Any tips?

No idea. Next time try it and stay with it. Don't put meat or anything on it. Turn it on with the Smoke setting with the lid open. Once it catches close the lid and go to 200. Once it hits 200 go to 250. Then when you hit 250 go to 300. Then on to 350 and let it settle down. I have found that sometimes it will start better if you gradually up the temp. I think (and I use the term think loosely) if you go from smoke to a higher temp it pushes pellets out at a faster pace causing it to snuff out the flame.

No idea. Next time try it and stay with it. Don't put meat or anything on it. Turn it on with the Smoke setting with the lid open. Once it catches close the lid and go to 200. Once it hits 200 go to 250. Then when you hit 250 go to 300. Then on to 350 and let it settle down. I have found that sometimes it will start better if you gradually up the temp. I think (and I use the term think loosely) if you go from smoke to a higher temp it pushes pellets out at a faster pace causing it to snuff out the flame.
EXACTLY what Mike said!

Back