Finally pulled the trigger

I bought my PB850 on Sunday, too. Must have been the day for new grills. No rain in Phoenix over the weekend so mine was out together and did the burn in. Seasoned it last night and tonight I think I'm putting all my temp probes in the check for cool areas, hot areas and to see any differences from the controller temp readout. Ribs will be smoked on Saturday in preparation for some pork butts the following weekend for a party.

My wife said because of this comment I had to report that she helped with assembly. Arms were just not long enough to get the back legs by myself. (T-rex arms🦖)
I got a floor model. Pre assembled.
Down side was the grease catcher was missing but Pit Boss mailed a replacement pretty quickly.

My wife said because of this comment I had to report that she helped with assembly. Arms were just not long enough to get the back legs by myself. (T-rex arms🦖)
LoL. I had to get my wife to help me with my 1150. I had to wait for my wife to get home to help me though. That's also when I told her I bought another grill. 😎

Finished the first cook a few hours ago. A whole chicken. Tasted good and was very juicy. Overall was really pleased with the exception that the skin was tough. Is that just the tradeoff of a smoked chicken, or was there something I could have done differently? I dried off the chicken some, salted and put in the fridge for an hour before injecting and seasoning it.

Latest Discussions

Back