Favorite pellets for Brisket?

Let us know how it turns out.

I just picked up some Lumber Jack blend so I will try them next weekend.

I'll try them out next weekend. haven't decided what i want to cook yet but I might do ribs. I also picked up some Cuisineart Bourbon rub so they might go really well together.

I tried the lumber jack last night and they are very good, but the only issue I had there was a lot of dust.

Got a bag of Bear Mountain Gourmet pellets that were really good for my B-Day. Good solid pellets and very little dust. I thought they would be abused on delivery from Amazon but they were great.
2007466.jpg

Haven't decided what I want to do this weekend with the Bourbon pellets. I also noticed Cuiseart makes a cherry rum pellet. Sound interesting but I chose the Maple Bourbon. The Cuiseart bags are $14.97 for a 20 pound bag whereas Pit Boss pellets are $8.88 for a 20 pound bag. So i wanted to try out one bag first before spending a ton on pellets. Ace Hardware has a Traeger Whiskey pellet that they sell but it is $20 a bag. You really can't beat Competition Blend for $15 tho at Walmart. 40 pound bag is a good deal.

Got a bag of Bear Mountain Gourmet pellets that were really good for my B-Day. Good solid pellets and very little dust. I thought they would be abused on delivery from Amazon but they were great.
2007466.jpg

Haven't decided what I want to do this weekend with the Bourbon pellets. I also noticed Cuiseart makes a cherry rum pellet. Sound interesting but I chose the Maple Bourbon. The Cuiseart bags are $14.97 for a 20 pound bag whereas Pit Boss pellets are $8.88 for a 20 pound bag. So i wanted to try out one bag first before spending a ton on pellets. Ace Hardware has a Traeger Whiskey pellet that they sell but it is $20 a bag. You really can't beat Competition Blend for $15 tho at Walmart. 40 pound bag is a good deal.

Dang Mike now I am going to have a garage full of pellets..LOL I always like trying new pellets.

I know what you mean. I currently have about 4 bags of different varieties in my shed. At one time I had Fruit Blend, Competition Blend, Charcoal Blend, Hickory, Apple, Mesquite all unopened. Bear Mountain I have not been able to find locally, my bro-in-law sent it to me from Amazon and they were pretty good pellets. They have a very good "snap" to them when you try to break one. Also saw some pellets at Sam's. Don't remember the brand but it seemed to be like Competition Blend and was the same price $14.98.

I know what you mean. I currently have about 4 bags of different varieties in my shed. At one time I had Fruit Blend, Competition Blend, Charcoal Blend, Hickory, Apple, Mesquite all unopened. Bear Mountain I have not been able to find locally, my bro-in-law sent it to me from Amazon and they were pretty good pellets. They have a very good "snap" to them when you try to break one. Also saw some pellets at Sam's. Don't remember the brand but it seemed to be like Competition Blend and was the same price $14.98.

I just bought a bag from Sams 2 weeks ago and used them. They had hardly any dust, but to me that were just like Pit Boss Competition blend so maybe it is the same company.

Latest Discussions

Back