Favorite pellets for Brisket?

primeone

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just wondering what everyone's choice of pellets are when smoking brisket?

Not an answer here as I've only used the competition blend for brisket...I did see on a YouTube video that they make charcoal pellets that I'm very interested in trying (if I could ever find them).

Not an answer here as I've only used the competition blend for brisket...I did see on a YouTube video that they make charcoal pellets that I'm very interested in trying (if I could ever find them).

I haven't seen charcoal pellets, any idea who made them?

I use hickory for whole beef products. Then apple wood for the rest and charcoal too.

Has anyone tried the B&B Post Oak pellets? They provide an excellent smokey flavor.

bandb-post-oak.png

I use the Pit Boss pellets as they are readily available. I have thought about trying the Lumberjack pellets but it would be a 45 minuet drive to get to a source to buy them.

I use 1 of 3, still deciding on the Fav. Pecan, Alder and Mesquite. I lean towards Alder as an all around Favorite. I don't care for the blends

I really like the charcoal pellets I think pit boss even makes them. I don't know we get them at WalMart and they have a good mix of charcoal and sawdust to have a very pleasing flavor.

Picked up these today. Haven't tried them yet because I started my cook at 4am today. Will try these out next weekend. They have them with the Pit Boss pellets.

Attachments

• IMG_20200613_083433271_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20200613_083433271_HDR.jpg
    378 KB · Views: 52

Latest Discussions

Back