Favorite pellets for Brisket?

primeone

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just wondering what everyone's choice of pellets are when smoking brisket?

Ross95655

Reaction score
Not an answer here as I've only used the competition blend for brisket...I did see on a YouTube video that they make charcoal pellets that I'm very interested in trying (if I could ever find them).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

primeone

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Not an answer here as I've only used the competition blend for brisket...I did see on a YouTube video that they make charcoal pellets that I'm very interested in trying (if I could ever find them).
I haven't seen charcoal pellets, any idea who made them?

Vantharas

Reaction score
I use hickory for whole beef products. Then apple wood for the rest and charcoal too.

primeone

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried the B&B Post Oak pellets? They provide an excellent smokey flavor.

bandb-post-oak.png

primeone

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Boone

Reaction score
I use the Pit Boss pellets as they are readily available. I have thought about trying the Lumberjack pellets but it would be a 45 minuet drive to get to a source to buy them.

cavman

Reaction score
I use 1 of 3, still deciding on the Fav. Pecan, Alder and Mesquite. I lean towards Alder as an all around Favorite. I don't care for the blends

mrwizard96

Reaction score
I really like the charcoal pellets I think pit boss even makes them. I don't know we get them at WalMart and they have a good mix of charcoal and sawdust to have a very pleasing flavor.

DaveXDm9

Staff member
Reaction score
Let us know how it turns out.

I just picked up some Lumber Jack blend so I will try them next weekend.

MikeInFla

Staff member
Reaction score
I'll try them out next weekend. haven't decided what i want to cook yet but I might do ribs. I also picked up some Cuisineart Bourbon rub so they might go really well together.

DaveXDm9

Staff member
Reaction score
I tried the lumber jack last night and they are very good, but the only issue I had there was a lot of dust.

MikeInFla

Staff member
Reaction score
Got a bag of Bear Mountain Gourmet pellets that were really good for my B-Day. Good solid pellets and very little dust. I thought they would be abused on delivery from Amazon but they were great.

Haven't decided what I want to do this weekend with the Bourbon pellets. I also noticed Cuiseart makes a cherry rum pellet. Sound interesting but I chose the Maple Bourbon. The Cuiseart bags are $14.97 for a 20 pound bag whereas Pit Boss pellets are $8.88 for a 20 pound bag. So i wanted to try out one bag first before spending a ton on pellets. Ace Hardware has a Traeger Whiskey pellet that they sell but it is $20 a bag. You really can't beat Competition Blend for $15 tho at Walmart. 40 pound bag is a good deal.

DaveXDm9

Staff member
Reaction score
Got a bag of Bear Mountain Gourmet pellets that were really good for my B-Day. Good solid pellets and very little dust. I thought they would be abused on delivery from Amazon but they were great.

Haven't decided what I want to do this weekend with the Bourbon pellets. I also noticed Cuiseart makes a cherry rum pellet. Sound interesting but I chose the Maple Bourbon. The Cuiseart bags are $14.97 for a 20 pound bag whereas Pit Boss pellets are $8.88 for a 20 pound bag. So i wanted to try out one bag first before spending a ton on pellets. Ace Hardware has a Traeger Whiskey pellet that they sell but it is $20 a bag. You really can't beat Competition Blend for $15 tho at Walmart. 40 pound bag is a good deal.
Dang Mike now I am going to have a garage full of pellets..LOL I always like trying new pellets.

Latest Discussions