Excessive ash

Racewelder

Reaction score
I just bought a pro series 4 vertical smoker. First time I used it there was alot of excess ash blowing up in the cabinet getting on food.I was using pitboss mesquite pellets. Suggestions to fix this? Thanks in advance

Did you have the best shield over the fire pot? That usually keeps it from going up.

Did you have the best shield over the fire pot? That usually keeps it from going up.
What is the best shield? I have the metal heat shield that came with it on there.
This is my first pellet smoker, so I'm thankful for any and all help

I did my first smoke yesterday and there was ash everywhere. Inside on the walls and bottom and all around the outside of the smoker as well. This doesn't seem normal to me

I did my first smoke yesterday and there was ash everywhere. Inside on the walls and bottom and all around the outside of the smoker as well. This doesn't seem normal to me
I think it is normal. I have 2 Pit Boss's and both of them do that. Just be sure to shop vac it when it cools off. Normally I wait and clean out before my next cook instead of cleaning after a cook so I don't accidentally suck up any hot ashes.

Latest Discussions

Back