Eventful morning

Steelheader1974

Reaction score
So this morning I got up at 1:45am and fired up the smoker and I got a error message after the pellets fired up Erl I think it was so I shut it down and tried again same thing. So I shut it down cleaned temp probe and unplugged it and plugged it back in and fired it up and it stayed on but I’m fighting 30F outside temps. I have to keep it at 270 to keep it running around 250 to 275 at grate levels so I’m cooking a little hot for my pork shoulder. I was ready to say screw it but the shoulder was rubbed and sitting on the counter already plus I plan on taking this to my girlfriends house for dinner today. She has other stuff to eat I was gonna just surprise her with this. So I’m like 2 hours behind schedule now. My smoke it app wasnt working right either for like the first time since July so I deleted that right off my phone cuz I didn’t want anymore issues. I’m using kingsford hickory and cherry mix with pitboss charcoal pellets mixed in. Hopefully it’s done by the time I leave.

Attachments

• 18B1F714-2F28-49E5-8CEB-6466636E5546.jpeg
    18B1F714-2F28-49E5-8CEB-6466636E5546.jpeg
    275.6 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Yeah I remember reading about that in one of the recent threads. I read online that it could be a dirty probe or bad probe too. I guess mine was dirty or maybe I had both cold temp and dirty probe going on. I got the shoulder done and it’s resting.

Not too cold, just hit the start button a second time, it'll light off. Colder the better for voltage to flow.

Why do you think 250-275°F is too hot for your shoulder? A shoulder will take 325°F like a champ.

Why do you think 250-275°F is too hot for your shoulder? A shoulder will take 325°F like a champ.
Well I meant for the smoker I like to start out at 180 for a bit which I did but the higher I go in temp seems like the less smoke it puts out. When I’m trying out different pellets I don’t like using a smoke tube I just kinda want to see what it does as is. I usually cook it at 220 or 230 on my controller works out ok in the summer.

Latest Discussions

Back