DO A RECALL not a UPDATE

JOE URSICH

Reaction score
Go Figure!
My Navigator 3-4 month’s old, having Temperature Problems, now there UPDATED CONTROLLER , more money in there pockets.
No word yet on my 850. I thought I research enough before I bought. Thanks U TUBERS . It’s just a Convection oven with some smoke ‼️
Doing Modifications that I should not have to do.
PIT BOSS if you read this THANKS ,
I don’t need your Charity ‼️ Just do the right thing and stand behind your Product.
DO A RECALL NOT A UPDATE ‼️
Joe U

Agreed, I thought I had done all my research too until I started to use my 850. Funny how it looks so amazing and cooks so well until you get one and either try to mod it up or wind up using your old pellet grill to get the job done.

I believe they should notify all 1150 owners to have the send the controller back as for other Grill Models Pit Boss has not confirm controller issues with them.

Would that be the PB customer service agents who ask what your "P setting" is when you have a PID controller? At least one user here has sent their V4PS2 controller in for an update - a tacit admission by PB that there are issues beyond the 1150PS2. PB doesn't have to "confirm controller issues with them", users already have.

99.9%, 850PS2, 1150PS2, and V4PS2 controllers share exactly the same code base and algorithms, with only minor differences. Similar issues have been reported with all of them. They're new controllers, and PB isn't in control of them (they outsourced to t2Fi). They must know there's a problem which needs fixing, and they're going to have a huge issue because (it appears) they're not field upgradeable. Not surprising they "has not confirm controller issues with them", they don't want to have to do a bunch of "quick fix" updates now, then have to do it again when the real solution is available in a few months.
Pit Boss is not updating the 850 based on customer support response as we have 850 owners that try to send there controller and they said there are no plans on it as it is for the 1150 only. V4PS2 I will reach out to them as see what they have to say on it.

Latest Discussions

Back