Deciding which grill to buy

Want to give one more update for anyone stuck between which grill to buy. So far I’m very happy with the Laredo. After doing two more cooks, (a pork butt and then chicken thighs today) it has been performing great. One con that I’ve noticed is the right side is consistently 50° cooler than the left, and the left is dead on with the grill set temp, so I may make some sort of heat deflector. The only other con I can think of is obviously the app, which is horrible on my iPhone but hopefully will get updated. Everything else has been great, heat up time is good, temps hold consistently, build quality is excellent with ease of access to the grills parts etc. sear function and ash clean-out are also fantastic. Hopefully this will help someone that was in my situation struggling to make a decision. Now I just can’t wait for next hunting season to do my deer jerky and snack sticks.

Glad to hear the Laredo is working well for you. I have kept my eye on that along with some of the pro series from Lowe’s. I don’t think I can get over the horrible reviews on the pro series and the controllers being such spread out for temp increments and not having a 275 degree setting. Hopefully I can catch a good sale on the Laredo

Want to give one more update for anyone stuck between which grill to buy. So far I’m very happy with the Laredo. After doing two more cooks, (a pork butt and then chicken thighs today) it has been performing great. One con that I’ve noticed is the right side is consistently 50° cooler than the left, and the left is dead on with the grill set temp, so I may make some sort of heat deflector. The only other con I can think of is obviously the app, which is horrible on my iPhone but hopefully will get updated. Everything else has been great, heat up time is good, temps hold consistently, build quality is excellent with ease of access to the grills parts etc. sear function and ash clean-out are also fantastic. Hopefully this will help someone that was in my situation struggling to make a decision. Now I just can’t wait for next hunting season to do my deer jerky and snack sticks.
The heat differential is because of the sloped drip tray and no heat deflector above the burn pot. Heat rises and the drip tray pushes heat to the left. The controller thermometer probe is on the left where it is hottest. There are several threads in the Modifications section on how to even out the grill temps on a Pit Boss designs. Add a heat deflector and/or change out the drip tray slider with vents to a solid slider.

It makes great jerky, I had 6lbs left and made it last weekend.

Just curious what I'm doing wrong here. First pellet grill. There is a 40 degree difference between the ambient temp and the grill temp. I set it at 225 came back a hour or so later and the brisket was burnt to hell. What temp do you go by? Is there something wrong with the probes? Should I get different ones? Right now it's set at 180 the actual reads 184 and the probe on the grill says 239. Think I need some advice. 🤣Thank you

Latest Discussions

Back