Customer Service sucks

Hedgesend

Reaction score
I contacted customer service in July to get a new igniter under warranty. I was assured it would ship within a couple of weeks. I then contacted them August 20 inquiring about it. I was told that they showed it had been sent but had no tracking information. It was suggested that I get the FedEx app so I could track it. FedEx app had nothing. I contacted pit boss again on the 25th. I explained that I have a wedding coming up and that I need to smoke pork butt for 300 people so time is of the essence. I was assured that they would send it out right away and they threw in a sampler of rubs. I DID get confirmation of the order but have yet (a week later) to be notified that it has shipped. I sent an email yesterday that went unanswered. I don’t know what’s going on with them, but based on their treatment of me, there is no way in hell that I would ever buy another pit boss nor would I recommend that anyone else do so. Treating customers well is some of the best advertising a company can do. I don’t understand companies that don’t get thus.

I have had many experiences with customer service and although a little confusing information at times, never a bad one.
Whenever they said they are sending a replacement part, it arrives in a timely manner.
For those of you that are having bad experiences with CS, are you just calling and requesting a part, or are you going over a problem that you are having with your unit and allowing them to try and resolve it?
I suggest allowing them to try and resolve your problem and have patience.
I know there have been times that I know what the problem is and they didn't agree with me but I let them have their way, eventually we get to the problem and they have always been willing to send replacement parts ASAP!
I don't know but I am guessing that there may be more to some of these disaster stories about customer service, not suggesting that is the case here with your issue @Hedgesend, but just in general.

Amazon has igniters for Pit Boss. 2 day delivery? When yours arrives, put it aside for a backup.
I’m aware of this. It’s the principle of the thing though. Why should I have to pay for something that is covered by warranty?

I’m aware of this. It’s the principle of the thing though. Why should I have to pay for something that is covered by warranty?
I agree. Those pork butts for 300 people won't cook themselves, a few guys have ordered from Amazon here because of Pit Boss being slow, it's a cheap option to get you up and running.

it's a 10 dollar part, at least that's what mine costs. I'm ordering one for a backup, just in case. @MKinHB thanks for mentioning its avail on amazon.

I contacted customer service in July to get a new igniter under warranty. I was assured it would ship within a couple of weeks. I then contacted them August 20 inquiring about it. I was told that they showed it had been sent but had no tracking information. It was suggested that I get the FedEx app so I could track it. FedEx app had nothing. I contacted pit boss again on the 25th. I explained that I have a wedding coming up and that I need to smoke pork butt for 300 people so time is of the essence. I was assured that they would send it out right away and they threw in a sampler of rubs. I DID get confirmation of the order but have yet (a week later) to be notified that it has shipped. I sent an email yesterday that went unanswered. I don’t know what’s going on with them, but based on their treatment of me, there is no way in hell that I would ever buy another pit boss nor would I recommend that anyone else do so. Treating customers well is some of the best advertising a company can do. I don’t understand companies that don’t get thus.
Sorry to hear about your experience. I've always had great dealings with PB customer service. However I'm waiting over 2 months for a controller that is on back order. I understand the current shipping problems but am becoming frustrated. Thankfully I have a 2nd smoker. Hope I have my replacement before Thanksgiving. Good luck with your parts. BTW I was also told to set up a Fed Ex account, which I've done.

Latest Discussions

Back