Customer Service / Parts THEY STINK!!!!

Im actually returning my second grill again and getting my money back.... going to buy a champ chef wifi... My second unit has the same problem as the first one did... the auger catches fire...

Do not blame you Pit Boss needs to wake up and that Camp Chef controller is pretty solid so you should not have any issues with it.

I have a RANCHER XL and it won't keep temperature and keeps shutting down. Tried calling Customer service nobody answers, left my contact info and after a week got a Facebook Message from a customer service person. That spends more time telling me he is the only person and has a big back log. Then asks question about my problem and doesn't offer a fix. Then I wait a week and get the same type of reply with another stupid question. This company sucks. Don't buy their product. They offer a 5 year warranty, because it will probably take that long to get a problem fixed. I would return it to get my money back, but am outside that window.

I have a RANCHER XL and it won't keep temperature and keeps shutting down. Tried calling Customer service nobody answers, left my contact info and after a week got a Facebook Message from a customer service person. That spends more time telling me he is the only person and has a big back log. Then asks question about my problem and doesn't offer a fix. Then I wait a week and get the same type of reply with another stupid question. This company sucks. Don't buy their product. They offer a 5 year warranty, because it will probably take that long to get a problem fixed. I would return it to get my money back, but am outside that window.

My recommendation is to go to this controller. I know it is more money, but you will have better customer service and a PID controller that actually works better than that non-PID that is not functioning for you.

That is a shame and I am not sure what is going on with the Pit Boss. Hopefully they will turn things around here soon. Keep hitting them up on Facebook hopefully they get these controllers in from China soon,
I finally got a response from Facebook after a few days and I should have my new control board in 14-16 days..If it works I will probably sell it and buy a Camp Chef Wifi model with a PID.

I finally got a response from Facebook after a few days and I should have my new control board in 14-16 days..If it works I will probably sell it and buy a Camp Chef Wifi model with a PID.

I hope Pit Boss gets it is self back in order and hopefully they can fix there issues with the lack of quality in there product. Customer Service is a difficult job and they are probably so understaffed and cannot gt any one to work right now.

I'm going to return my KC Combo and pick up the Camp Chef 36 Wifi... That PID controller and app looks sick and cost about the same price

PRO SERIES 4-SERIES VERTICAL WOOD PELLET SMOKER - Purchased from Lowe's on Father's Day. I had a defective heat probe out of the box. Lowe's replaced the probe without question. Problem - placed an order from PB - ordered 6 items and received 3 of 6. The other 3 are showing processing. Opened 2 Support Cases. No reply - Have tried to call numerous times and waited for as long as 2 hours - what is their problem????

PRO SERIES 4-SERIES VERTICAL WOOD PELLET SMOKER - Purchased from Lowe's on Father's Day. I had a defective heat probe out of the box. Lowe's replaced the probe without question. Problem - placed an order from PB - ordered 6 items and received 3 of 6. The other 3 are showing processing. Opened 2 Support Cases. No reply - Have tried to call numerous times and waited for as long as 2 hours - what is their problem????
Due to Covid they are way understaffed. I ordered a new probe over 2 weeks ago and it is still processing.

Due to Covid they are way understaffed. I ordered a new probe over 2 weeks ago and it is still processing.

They do not have any replacement parts due to China factories were shut down so they are trying to catch up. Pit Boss is in no rush to fill the jobs they furloughed during Covid.

Do you think that Walmart cares about products that consistently come back..nope they do not care and I do not want to get into the all knowing of Walmart too long of a story. I have a business degree from Uninveristy of Missouri at Columbia, MO. Walmart family is a huge donor to the university specially to the business school.

For example Walmart has been selling 3 LED TV's from the same manufacture for 3 years now that are consistently return due to malfunction and they exchange them send them back to manufacture. It does not stop Walmart to sell them as they are reaching out to certain classes of individuals with a certain budget.

Items like Pellet grills will be sent back to Pit Boss or Pit Boss will just credit them the grill and Walmart will dispose of it. You have to remember Walmart sells hundreds and hundreds of products and not all Walmart's in the US sell the same products. Not one single product is not going to hurt Walmart's reputation unless it is Food produce related problem.

This is the truth Walmart is not asking Danson to sell the Platinums it is Danson asking Walmart to sell Platinum grills. Walmart makes a little off the grill where they make there money is pellets and accessories. You will never see a Traeger, Green Mountain Grill, Rec-Tec in a Walmart that is not Walmart's decision that is the grill companies decision.

To be honest personally the KC Combo and the Lockhart are just a huge gimmick of a grill and by looking at them they look like a train wreck and cheap. I am disappointed in Pit Boss that this was there answer to Rec-Tec, Traeger, Camp Chef, and other grills.

Thank you for the insight.

So I got my replacement control board.. Same issue.. Temps are all over the place.. Including on startup.. It is impossible for it to climb 1 degree per second... After I let it run for awhile and the only one that was consistent with my external probe was the probe and the top thermometer. Left another callback number and will until this thing works...

Attachments

• IMG_0460.jpeg
    IMG_0460.jpeg
    152.4 KB · Views: 51
So I got my replacement control board.. Same issue.. Temps are all over the place.. Including on startup.. It is impossible for it to climb 1 degree per second... After I let it run for awhile and the only one that was consistent with my external probe was the probe and the top thermometer. Left another callback number and will until this thing works...

So you set at 200 and it reaches 240 how long does it take to get back to 200? When it does get to 200 how much of the temp swings are you getting?

So you set at 200 and it reaches 240 how long does it take to get back to 200? When it does get to 200 how much of the temp swings are you getting?
That’s a bad pic I thought I had another one. I turned it down after setting to 350. I had another probe next to the internal one and they were pretty much in sync. The other probe is calibrated as I use a bunch of probes home brewing. When I turned it on after the startup finished. The board went from 94 degrees to 140 in 30 seconds. That’s impossible especially with cover open.

I am thinking of just buying an aftermarket probe since by the time Danson's gets me one it will be after I can use it outdoors since I live in a apartment.

This one should work. Has the same connector and length.

not bad for 14 bucks. I need one too, mine went out on my grill 6 weeks ago and it still hasn't shipped. I called PB support yesterday and actually got thru. They checked my order and said part had finally arrived. When I checked this morning it still says "back ordered". If that's available with Prime I could get it by the weekend and be back in business on my grill and then just save the one they eventually send for future use.

Well cool, I just ordered this one and it has one day shipping so it will be here tomorrow!

Pit Boss replacement probe 11.99

Some claim this one is even better than the one from the factory so we shall see. If it isn't what I want I'm only out 10 bucks. Will mess with it on Saturday and use the vertical PB instead this weekend.

Latest Discussions

Back