Corned Beef Brisket???

NewbieForLife

Reaction score
I used to make fresh corn beef briskets weekly when I worked offshore. I would make 8 briskets at a time in the electric ovens, and I would have the brine ready for next weeks, and the simmering liquid ready for the cook the night before the cook. When I put 8 in the ovens, I would drop 8 in the buckets of brine for the following week. They were simmered in the simmering liquid on low heat for about 4 hours. I have downsized this recipe to making one at a time in the house oven, and want to do this on the smoker.

Can Corn Beef Brisket be done on the pellet grill. Since the brisket will be saturated with brine then placed in a dutch oven, (which I would substitute with a deep aluminum foil pan), in a simmering liquid one half way up the sides of the brisket. Would all that "wet" cause a problem in the pellet grill?

I thought I would ask some of the Major League Cooks here so I didn't waste a chunk of brisket or create a bomb out of a pellet cooker in my shed.

Any Major League thoughts?

I used to make fresh corn beef briskets weekly when I worked offshore. I would make 8 briskets at a time in the electric ovens, and I would have the brine ready for next weeks, and the simmering liquid ready for the cook the night before the cook. When I put 8 in the ovens, I would drop 8 in the buckets of brine for the following week. They were simmered in the simmering liquid on low heat for about 4 hours. I have downsized this recipe to making one at a time in the house oven, and want to do this on the smoker.

Can Corn Beef Brisket be done on the pellet grill. Since the brisket will be saturated with brine then placed in a dutch oven, (which I would substitute with a deep aluminum foil pan), in a simmering liquid one half way up the sides of the brisket. Would all that "wet" cause a problem in the pellet grill?

I thought I would ask some of the Major League Cooks here so I didn't waste a chunk of brisket or create a bomb out of a pellet cooker in my shed.

Hi Newbie, just about everyone uses water bath in the smoker. Not only for the moist environment but in my cabinet smoker it tempers the harsh heat. )the water pan has these words stamped, "keep this half full")

Hi Newbie, just about everyone uses water bath in the smoker. Not only for the moist environment but in my cabinet smoker it tempers the harsh heat. )the water pan has these words stamped, "keep this half full")
Someone posted a smoked corn beef on here qbout two weeks ago. I tried to find it just now...
Brewersfan posted a corned beef cook, here it is, I think 🤔

Last edited:
Someone posted a smoked corn beef on here qbout two weeks ago. I tried to find it just now...
Brewersfan posted a corned beef cook, here it is, I think 🤔

Thanks, its almost the same recipe with a shorter brine time. The brain fart I was having was how to cover it, but after about 6 shots of Tennesse Spice and a little little knap, the brilliant thought came to me that the covering can be solved by using a foil cover. More Jack, or not enough Jack. That is the question

Thanks, its almost the same recipe with a shorter brine time. The brain fart I was having was how to cover it, but after about 6 shots of Tennesse Spice and a little little knap, the brilliant thought came to me that the covering can be solved by using a foil cover. More Jack, or not enough Jack. That is the question
Everything is fine til Jack shows up! That aught tp be a song...

Back