control panel question

beulah bbq

Reaction score
hi
I have a pitboss vertical smoker. one of the settings on the control panel knob is for "smoke". what is this option for, and at what temperature does the smoker operate when that option is selected. thanks, chris

hi
I have a pitboss vertical smoker. one of the settings on the control panel knob is for "smoke". what is this option for, and at what temperature does the smoker operate when that option is selected. thanks, chris
For less or more smoke. I use a smoke tube from Amazon also

right, I am going to get a smoke tube, but what is the "smoke" function?
Also when you turn it on turn it to smoke and once it’s starts rolling smoke you set it to your desired temperature

I have two PB pellet smokers, both with non-PID controllers. The grill on the smoke setting usually stays around 180. The vertical smoker puts out a ton more smoke and usually stays between 150-175. You get much more smoke on the "S" setting, I normally start all cooks on smoke mode and leave it there for 90 minutes to 2 hours.

I have two PB pellet smokers, both with non-PID controllers. The grill on the smoke setting usually stays around 180. The vertical smoker puts out a ton more smoke and usually stays between 150-175. You get much more smoke on the "S" setting, I normally start all cooks on smoke mode and leave it there for 90 minutes to 2 hours.
thanks for that. I have not been letting my smoker warm up adequately.

So glad to have found this forum. My Wife bought me a Vertical PBV4PS2 for Christmas. I have now cooked on it 3 different times and never new that there was a smoke option on the controller, even after reading the instructions on 3 separate occasions.

So glad to have found this forum. My Wife bought me a Vertical PBV4PS2 for Christmas. I have now cooked on it 3 different times and never new that there was a smoke option on the controller, even after reading the instructions on 3 separate occasions.
Congratulations
Took me a couple of times when I got my 820. I also got a smoke tube from Amazon
Good luck

It will start up in smoke mode, which looks like the number 5 but actually is a S.

Latest Discussions

Back