Can't get up to temp.

Derrick504

Reaction score
So, I just bought a Lexington 500 (no p setting) and I've done several test and it seems as if I'm running almost 50 degrees cooler than what it should be even though it's reading the correct temp. I have it set to 300 now and my probes only showing about 250-265. Am I doing something wrong?

20200628_134749.jpg

DaveXDm9

Staff member
Reaction score
have to tell you those meat probes are horrible seriously they are so I would open a case with PB and have them send you a new set. I recommend to buy an external meat thermometer.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Derrick504

Reaction score
Thanks, I did open up a case with them just to see what they say and I'll have a look at the wireless therm. definitely would come handy.

MikeInFla

Staff member
Reaction score
The PB probes are junk, I used mine 2 times and it was always 40-50 degrees off. So I just put it away. I use the Chugod Bluetooth for internal temps and you can connect 6 probes to it. I sometimes put one on the grate to check the temps there but the PB probes that come with it are just not very good.

nepatsfan1

Reaction score
I found that the probes are about 2 degrees off and the lid probe is actually pretty accurate. The temp probe and control board are not. I have the Lexington and have the same problem. I put in a case on May 29th and I am still waiting for my control board (now it is on the pick list and should have it in 14-16 days). This model must have been put together with all spare parts and seconds.

marmadmax

Reaction score
have to tell you those meat probes are horrible seriously they are so I would open a case with PB and have them send you a new set. I recommend to buy an external meat thermometer.

Last edited:

marmadmax

Reaction score
So, I just bought a Lexington 500 (no p setting) and I've done several test and it seems as if I'm running almost 50 degrees cooler than what it should be even though it's reading the correct temp. I have it set to 300 now and my probes only showing about 250-265. Am I doing something wrong?

View attachment 143
I also have a new Lexington and have the exact same problem and I am not using the meat probe to determine actual temp. If I have a set point of 300 the grill will eventually register on the screen within 25 degrees of the set point. However, the hood temp and a separate oven thermometer both register 225-250. Must be either the sensor or the controller or both which are out of whack. Additionally, so far the max temp (actual) that I have been able to achieve is 375 when set to High.

View attachment 143

Latest Discussions