cant get temp over 260 for burn off

cjwatt

Reaction score
Have a brand new series 3 electric smoker. The temp for the burn off is 350. Can't get above 260. Help???

Call Pit Boss customer support. They are there on as Sundays maybe they can help trouble shoot. I have a series 3 as well and it gets to 350 no problem.

Have a brand new series 3 electric smoker. The temp for the burn off is 350. Can't get above 260. Help???
I had the same issue, and Pit Boss is sending me a new control board, but... while I was waiting for the control board, which still hasn't arrived a week after the order was sent to the warehouse... I read somewhere else that this unit had to be brought to 225 degrees first and left that way for 20 minutes before increasing the temperature to 350 degrees. I wouldn't have thought that would be how the unit worked, but that approach did work. Once 225 degrees was reached and maintained for 20 minutes, thereafter I had no problem setting (and reaching) 350 degrees for the burn-off. This response is 7 months or so after your post, so I am sure that you have gotten around the issue by now, but if you haven't then this might work for you! Good luck!!

Latest Discussions

Back