Cant get accurate read from temp probe

Sbloom1572

Reaction score
My probe is reading the internal temp of the grill. 5 mins into the cook my probe was reading 180

Last edited:
Sbloom1572,

Can you provide a bit more information. What was the temperature you had set for the grill? Are we talking about the internal probe or the meat probes?

Sbloom1572,

Can you provide a bit more information. What was the temperature you had set for the grill? Are we talking about the internal probe or the meat probes?
225 and it is the meat probe, it measures within 25 degrees of the grill temp.

I don't trust the probe that comes with the PB. Mine always reads about 50 degrees higher than what it should so I stopped using it. I bought one of these and it works awesome and I can keep up with it on my phone.

Chugod Thermometer at Amazon

You simply download the app to your phone, turn on the Chugod and plug it into the meat. Plus it has setting that will alert you when the meat hits desired temp.

Does that same lack of trust extend to the internal thermostat? If a recipe calls for 350, do you set the grill to 300?

Does that same lack of trust extend to the internal thermostat? If a recipe calls for 350, do you set the grill to 300?

I trust the internal grill probe it does what it is supposed to do for a non-PID controller.

Latest Discussions

Back