Can you foil the broiler plate

mjbonomi12

Reaction score
I have a 700FB.
My biggest question right now is whether or not I can put foil on the broiler plate to make clean up easy. Especially if I’m cooking slow and low.
Thank you!

Attachments

• 70D00F92-BC6D-4DAC-AE76-13A1DD44F4F5.jpeg
    70D00F92-BC6D-4DAC-AE76-13A1DD44F4F5.jpeg
    55.5 KB · Views: 140
I do most of the time. Did steaks today and it's the first time I did not use foil. My grill is about 2 years old and I have always used foil but at higher temps it can melt. Doing slow & low foil is fine and makes clean up easy.

I agree with MikeInFla, i use foil for easy clean up.
make sure you wrap it tight around the edges and be sure to crease it in the drip channels so it drains the grease out.
Used mine without foil for a couple tri tips cause I thought I might use the sear option but it was not needed so now I have more cleaning to do.

I do not I just crank the grill up to 400 or 450 it will burn off everything and it is easy to scrape grates and the plate.

I do every time since I got the grill. I don’t use the broiler option as I have a dedicated BBQ for grilling etc. Really makes life easier in cleaning up.

make sure your foil does not catch fire during the cook as it will release a harmful chemical in your food and make it taste horrible.

I agree. Make sure. You only fold the foil under the lip of the broiler plate. It’s a bit fideley but you get good at it after a couple of times

Back