Can’t keep power

PitNard

Reaction score
My 820 constantly trips the GPI. Will only stay on for about 5 minutes. I have had a certified electrician inspect the home. I said everything is fine with the house. Anyone else had this issue?

primeone

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum @PitNard - I haven't heard of that issue. Please let us know what you find out.

Mmckenzie

Reaction score
My 820 constantly trips the GPI. Will only stay on for about 5 minutes. I have had a certified electrician inspect the home. I said everything is fine with the house. Anyone else had this issue?
I had the same issue. I had to adjust the igniter probe. Needs to be 1/4”-1/2” into the fire pit. More than that and it kept tripping my gfci.

wyo1661

Reaction score
I've seen issues with people using too heavy of a gauge of extension cord. If you are using an extension cord, you might try a different length or gauge.

MikeInFla

Staff member
Reaction score
I did my burn in over the weekend with a 100 foot extension cord and had no issues but I only ran it about 45 minutes on 350. I don't think I will try a long cook with the 100 footer. I assembled it on my back porch and don't have an outlet out there. So this weekend when I do my first cook on the series 3 vertical I will use a 9 foot cord. I did call Pit Boss and they told me a 100 foot cord might be too long and I would probably get some errors so while it did work for the burn in I am not going to rely on it for a long cook.

Sromoose

Reaction score
I am having the same issue. My grill trips the gfi at 190 degrees

DaveXDm9

Staff member
Reaction score
Go to Lowe's and purchase a Heavy Duty extension cord that is 12 gauge - 125V / 15 amp rating. 25 foot is the longest I would go and you will not have any problems.

Latest Discussions