Brunswick Platinum, no bottom to fire pot

turbo23l

Reaction score
Hello I just bought a Brunswick Platinum and I attempted to perform the initial burn off procedure and the smoker would not get hot. I decided to look underneath by pulling out the ash tray. when I did it was full of pellets. I looked underneath and could see the ignitor glowing red hot but there is no way for the ignitor to burn the pellets since there is no bottom to the fire pot. the pellets just fall through to the ash tray. I did a little research online and could only find a camp chef smoker that uses a bottomless fire pot. When I look up a new fire pot for my smoker, they all have fire pots with closed bottoms. Is this a manufacturer screw up or am I just doing something wrong. I have attached some pictures. Cant get customer service to answer, so that's why I'm asking here. thanks in advance

Attachments

• 20220919_180858.jpg
    20220919_180858.jpg
    214.5 KB · Views: 117
  • 20220919_180919.jpg
    20220919_180919.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 48
  • 20220919_180939.jpg
    20220919_180939.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 57
  • 20220919_180948.jpg
    20220919_180948.jpg
    224.2 KB · Views: 56
Hello I just bought a Brunswick Platinum and I attempted to perform the initial burn off procedure and the smoker would not get hot. I decided to look underneath by pulling out the ash tray. when I did it was full of pellets. I looked underneath and could see the ignitor glowing red hot but there is no way for the ignitor to burn the pellets since there is no bottom to the fire pot. the pellets just fall through to the ash tray. I did a little research online and could only find a camp chef smoker that uses a bottomless fire pot. When I look up a new fire pot for my smoker, they all have fire pots with closed bottoms. Is this a manufacturer screw up or am I just doing something wrong. I have attached some pictures. Cant get customer service to answer, so that's why I'm asking here. thanks in advance
It looks like it's not fully inserted the flat spot in front of your thumb is the bottom of the burn pot and the cup at the back is to catch the ash and unburnt pellets as it is pulled out.

It looks like it's not fully inserted the flat spot in front of your thumb is the bottom of the burn pot and the cup at the back is to catch the ash and unburnt pellets as it is pulled out.
I see what you mean. I guess when I pulled the tray out I just assumed the lower portion of the tray was lined up with the fire pot and the pellets were just dropping in there. maybe I did not allow enough pellets to enter the pot to catch fire before I pulled the tray out to check it. This is my first pellet smoker that has a bottomless fire pot. I will prime it a bit longer to add more pellets to the pot tomorrow and see if all is well. Thank you Tim W

The bottom of the fire pot is the flat spot adjacent to the depressed area containing the pellets. Fully inserted the unit will have that flat spot under the fire pot......Now the issue will probably arise that the heat will deform that flat spot upward making the tray difficult to pull out.....no worries.....gently tap it down level with a hammer and move on.....might happen two or three times but eventually the metal stops moving in response to the heat.

Fire the unit up and it will all become clear...

Latest Discussions

Back