Brand new pro 850 2 not making temp

Ryan5455

Reaction score
Hey all
I’ve done the initial burn off and since attempted to grill a few steaks and a few burgers. Both times I’ve waited at least 30 minutes for the pre heat and it has struggled to even get up to 300 degrees. I’m using pit boss brand hickory pellets and have the hopper full. It seems like the auger needs to run longer but can’t figure out if there is an adjustment. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Did you check the fire box and clean it out. Is the auger feeding enough pellets?

Did you check the fire box and clean it out. Is the auger feeding enough pellets?
It’s brand new. I feel like it’s not feeding pellets often enough. I just timed it and to go from 204 degrees to 400 degrees with no food on and the lid closed it took 39 minutes.

I’d empty all the pellets then and start over. Make sure you vacuum out everything including the firebox

From what I understand the newer models take much longer to heat up the first several times you use them. Someone here who has one can verify.

I have another thread on here for the same issue with an 850 pro! Mine is brand new and after the burn off mine would take forever to heat up. I would set it for 400 and never would hit it after 45 mins . I called pit boss and they said a new one is in a learning cycle until like 10 uses. I got about 2 more times to hit 10 uses and if it not better I’m calling them back.

Well I’ve been running cycles each day and yesterday took 48 minutes to get from 180 to 400. Today from cold (126 degrees on the display) to 400 took 26 minutes. Apparently there is a learning period for the auger system.

Hey all
I’ve done the initial burn off and since attempted to grill a few steaks and a few burgers. Both times I’ve waited at least 30 minutes for the pre heat and it has struggled to even get up to 300 degrees. I’m using pit boss brand hickory pellets and have the hopper full. It seems like the auger needs to run longer but can’t figure out if there is an adjustment. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Get a paint Mixing stick and poke it down in the auger the pellets form a bridge sometimes and it won’t feed

Hey all
Also clean your fire pot after each use and it is always ready to next

Hey all
Did you assemble or Lowe’s? Make sure your heat deflector is sitting correctly on the half moon slots. Looking at the grill the heat deflector should run down hill left to right. Lowe’s had mine sitting below the half moon slots and the heat deflector was sitting lower than it was supposed to. Corrected it and have not had an issue

Also clean your fire pot after each use and it is always ready to next
That’s not bad time also if the wind blows on it it takes longer and burns a lot more fuel
It’s brand new. I feel like it’s not feeding pellets often enough. I just timed it and to go from 204 degrees to 400 degrees with no food on and the lid closed it took 39 minutes.

Be sure to open your Rain Cap to at least 1 1/2 inches. This is for better ventilation and what PB recomends.

Hey all
Definitely takes longer on first run, mine did, not sure why and @MikeInFla is right (below).

Definitely takes longer on first run, mine did, not sure why and @MikeInFla is right (below).
Take a paint stick and poke the pellets where the auger is make sure they’re not bridging up and open your camp up where you see at least an inch between a cap and a pipe And out of direct wind

Hey all
Are you following the start up instructions in the manual? Keep the lid open until the white smoke is mostly done and until it sounds like a jet engine started?

Latest Discussions

Back