Brand new and comparing models

ARtraveler

Reaction score
Hello all. I am brand new to pellet grilling (Weber Kettle smoker using snake method). I’ve been researching for about a month. From what I have surmised PB is having real difficulty with the new 850 and the 1150 which was where I was at decision point. Apparently the control board is just fubar. It’s amazing to me that companies have been building motherboards for decades controlling complex machines computers, washing machines etc and can’t seem to get this auger control thing.Having ranted I would like to ask if I should just wait a couple months or spend my hard earned fixed income on a diff grill brand (5-600$) like a zgrill or CampChef or go with a non-PID like the PB1000SC at Academy Sports or Walmart Laredo or Austin... Please help. how hard is it to send in the old control to PB and install a new upgraded one?

Welcome aboard! It's quite simple, when you get one that works they're great! A ton of features that are not available on other brands. One thing Pit Boss has definitely figured out is board replacements though... :ROFLMAO:

Hello all. I am brand new to pellet grilling (Weber Kettle smoker using snake method). I’ve been researching for about a month. From what I have surmised PB is having real difficulty with the new 850 and the 1150 which was where I was at decision point. Apparently the control board is just fubar. It’s amazing to me that companies have been building motherboards for decades controlling complex machines computers, washing machines etc and can’t seem to get this auger control thing.Having ranted I would like to ask if I should just wait a couple months or spend my hard earned fixed income on a diff grill brand (5-600$) like a zgrill or CampChef or go with a non-PID like the PB1000SC at Academy Sports or Walmart Laredo or Austin... Please help. how hard is it to send in the old control to PB and install a new upgraded one?
Check these models as they are great grills that are not above $900

Latest Discussions

Back