Boneless leg of lamb

JerseyMark

Reaction score
Has anyone done a 5 pound boneless leg of lamb recently? I have the Pit Boss 700FB and am considering doing one for Easter tomorrow.
Thanks,
Mark

Never tried that. Would be afraid of messing it up since I have never done lamb. If you do it let us know how it turns out.

For Easter I am doing the easiest thing possible - double smoked ham. It's already cooked and already smoked so I have it in my vertical Pit Boss holding steady at 150 on the smoke setting.

Never tried that. Would be afraid of messing it up since I have never done lamb. If you do it let us know how it turns out.

For Easter I am doing the easiest thing possible - double smoked ham. It's already cooked and already smoked so I have it in my vertical Pit Boss holding steady at 150 on the smoke setting.
Thanks for the reply Mike. I get what you mean, lamb is a very expensive protein, not to mention the whole family is coming over to eat it :) I decided to go very safe myself and sous vide the leg to 135 degrees. Then I'll finish it under the broiler.

Has anyone done a 5 pound boneless leg of lamb recently? I have the Pit Boss 700FB and am considering doing one for Easter tomorrow.
Thanks,
Mark
Sorry- I’m a little late to this. I did a leg a couple years ago. Seasoned it really well and added some rosemary like my Italian grandma use to make in her oven. I smoked it then cooked it to the suggested IT. (sorry- I didn’t keep the details) It was good but a little rare for my family’s liking. Would do again but would round up in the internal temp. You should try it. If seasoned to your liking you won’t be disappointed.

Sorry- I’m a little late to this. I did a leg a couple years ago. Seasoned it really well and added some rosemary like my Italian grandma use to make in her oven. I smoked it then cooked it to the suggested IT. (sorry- I didn’t keep the details) It was good but a little rare for my family’s liking. Would do again but would round up in the internal temp. You should try it. If seasoned to your liking you won’t be disappointed.
675015B0-7B33-4F4E-9FE7-5C8C4E5B482E.jpeg

Latest Discussions

Back