Binding auger?

Smokinwood

Reaction score
Got a PB340 for Christmas and used it a handful of times. It has started making loud noises from the auger/hopper area like a binding noise. Looked in and it looks like the auger is binding when running then slips loose and clunks. Tech support says it the shear pin and set screw are in then I t can’t be the auger. Any ideas on what it is?

Last edited:
Got a PB340 for Christmas and used it a handful of times. It has started making loud noises from the auger/hopper area like a binding noise. Looked in and it looks like the auger is binding when running then slips loose and clunks. Tech support says it the shear pin and set screw are in then I t can’t be the auger. Any ideas on what it is?
I have the same story Lockhart Platinum grill, (Christmas gift 2020) and have used my grill about 6 times. Today I'm smoking some food, and the auger is clunking.

I have the same story Lockhart Platinum grill, (Christmas gift 2020) and have used my grill about 6 times. Today I'm smoking some food, and the auger is clunking.
sometimes you will get that clunky based on the pellets you are using. Sometime a longer piece of pellet will go in and the auger will get stuck and break the pellet. Now if it happens everytime just check the pellets and if not then there is something else going on.

Latest Discussions

Back