Best temp/meat probes?

I have a Fireboard. Love it. I have the Fireboard 1. They now have version 2 out. It’s reliable and is wifi. I can have a cook going, run to the supermarket and open the app and check temps without having to be at the grill. When buying one, no matter what you get, be sure it’s wifi enabled. Bluetooth is limited by range and drops often. Walls, doors and distance weaken the signal.

I've got a 4-probe Inkbird Wifi & BT. Got it on sale for $50 or $60. Definitely agree with Cody - I wouldn't buy another one without Wifi so I can monitor off-site.

Here's an example of my cook today. Red line is the probe inside the Boston butt, and the other 3 are in different places on the grate.

graph_20230108120820.png

I've got a 4-probe Inkbird Wifi & BT. Got it on sale for $50 or $60. Definitely agree with Cody - I wouldn't buy another one without Wifi so I can monitor off-site.

Here's an example of my cook today. Red line is the probe inside the Boston butt, and the other 3 are in different places on the grate.

View attachment 3613
Sweet!

I have a Fireboard. Love it. I have the Fireboard 1. They now have version 2 out. It’s reliable and is wifi. I can have a cook going, run to the supermarket and open the app and check temps without having to be at the grill. When buying one, no matter what you get, be sure it’s wifi enabled. Bluetooth is limited by range and drops often. Walls, doors and distance weaken the signal.
Excellent advise, thanks!

I use the Thermoworks signals, I got as a gift. It comes with 3 meat probes and an ambient temp probe. It has Wifi and bluetooth. I love it, but I honestly i would have been just as happy with one that cost a whole lot less.

Last edited:

View attachment 3613
These graphs are the shitzer!
I sent my Buddy this one ( from Amazon-2 channel $39.00)

ThermoPro Wireless Meat Thermometer of 500FT, Bluetooth Meat Thermometer for Smoker Oven, Grill Thermometer with Dual Probes, Smart Rechargeable BBQ Thermometer​

It has a time to target temperature algorithm feature which is way cool! Mark is new to smoking, this is the Guy I gave the PB700 to after refurbishment.
He is a smoking Dynamo now. His wife told me, "Now he is a Joker, a Smoker and a midnight Toker!"

Hey man, does your smoker have a hot spot there in the middle?

It did, but I got a diffuser to put over the burn pot. It's still a little warmer in the middle, but manageable. I think it runs about 10-25 degrees hotter than the area just to the left and right.

I definitely need to move things around on longer cooks, even with the diffuser installed.

It did, but I got a diffuser to put over the burn pot. It's still a little warmer in the middle, but manageable. I think it runs about 10-25 degrees hotter than the area just to the left and right.

I definitely need to move things around on longer cooks, even with the diffuser installed.
Thanks, that's good Intel (lol).

Latest Discussions

Back