Best brand of pellets for Pit Boss? Most smoke?

I'm taken back by Tractor Supply not letting you use their computer at their Kiosk/service desk. I had to set up a simple account. Name ,address, etc. The lady/ manager helped me to make sure I did everything correct. 2 days later they were on my doorstep shipped free to me. My local TS is out of bear mountain also. You can order on line and have them shipped to the store for free and they'll go in a locker just like if you order something from Home Depot.
They didn't refuse and I didn't ask. Simply said the Pit Bose pellets were all they had in stock. I do want to try Bear Mountain but no rush since I have no shortage of pellets. Have Kingsford cherry in the hopper to try this afternoon. Will comment afterward.

Used Kingsford cherry on pork tenderloin yesterday. Came out tender and moist but not a lot of smoke flavor. Good smoke ring though. Will have some for sandwiches today. May mix these pellets with something else, like hickory, next time. Even used a smoke tube. Just a tad disappointed.

Finally called the other nearby Tractor Supply to inquire about Bear Mountain pellets. The lady advised that they have none in stock because they are cut off in the fall. She said they should have them back in the spring. Odd since we are in Florida and pretty much cook outdoors all year. Have to look elsewhere. Hate the thought of paying Amazon's inflated prices, but may have no choice if I want to try.

Last edited:
Finally called the other nearby Trator Supply to inquire about Bear Mountain pellets. The lady advised that they have none in stock because they are cut off in the fall. She said they should have them back in the spring. Odd since we are in Florida and pretty much cook outdoors all year. Have to look elsewhere. Hate the thought of paying Amazon's inflated prices, but may have no choice if I want to try.
Keep an eye open on the Bear Mountain website. Sometimes the have a bay one get one free deal. Usually when they have those someone here will see it and post it.

Keep an eye open on the Bear Mountain website. Sometimes the have a bay one get one free deal. Usually when they have those someone here will see it and post it.
Thanks for the tip. Was just on their site and found they won't ship to our local stores. What are their shipping prices like?

Finally called the other nearby Tractor Supply to inquire about Bear Mountain pellets. The lady advised that they have none in stock because they are cut off in the fall. She said they should have them back in the spring. Odd since we are in Florida and pretty much cook outdoors all year. Have to look elsewhere. Hate the thought of paying Amazon's inflated prices, but may have no choice if I want to try.
I was in my local TS and asked where's all the cooking pellets? I was told to order online, I smoke year round. I'll use their Kiosk to order them, hopefully shipped to my door step for free like last time.

Thanks for the tip. Was just on their site and found they won't ship to our local stores. What are their shipping prices like?
I don't remember but shipping isn't free. I think I got 2 bags for around $25. But Tractor Supply is still cheaper. Like @Mike From R.I. said if your Tractor Supply has a kiosk you can order them in store and have them shipped to your house for free.

I don't remember but shipping isn't free. I think I got 2 bags for around $25. But Tractor Supply is still cheaper. Like @Mike From R.I. said if your Tractor Supply has a kiosk you can order them in store and have them shipped to your house for free.
I just checked the Bear mountain website, shipping was $7.99 to have it sent to my house.

Just finished off a 40 lb bag of pellets I got from Sam's Club. I'm happy with the product.
14.98 per bag.
IMG_20211104_085915653.jpg

I like post oak that Academy sells, (forgot the brand).
And use a smoke tube almost every time.

Yeah, I still have an unopened bag of Sam's Smokehouse Blend. I saw that hickory/oak bag last time I was there. Might grab one of those next time. I have heard good things about the pellets from Sam's. I bought the bag last spring but haven't used it yet because I have so many other bags. Sam's bag is next!

Latest Discussions

Back