Beef Jerky

Jaybod

Reaction score
Hi everyone, looking at trying to make beef jerky this weekend but looking for a decent marinade. Have seen alot of then asking for mortons meat tenderize. This is my first attempt so looking for something easy to try

Anyone got lost any recipes or tips

Let me know how it works and information on thickness of meat and seasoning. I like jerky that isn’t like chewing a shoe sole. Better soft and easy to chew.

Trying to find a decent simple marinade..so many out there, some call for curing salt some don't. It's alot of info

I go lighter on the soy, unless it is a low sodium one. And add some grated ginger or curry for a different flavor. It's easy to make all kinds of jerky since it is sliced pre-smoking.

If its your first time try to find a good commercial mix, I really like the Hi Mountain mixes favorites are the garlic and black paper and sweet and spicy. I've made and eaten a lot of home made marinated jerky and to be honest less then half of it was something I would have let someone else try.

Hi. Maybe this recipe would work. I took 5 pounds of meat. Trimmed off excess fat and cut into thin slices. Yes, I also found a decent meat thermometer in a review on https://www.bigwigjerky.com.au/australian-bbq-thermometer/ and ordered it through Amazon. I keep track of the cooking temperature of the meat. To get perfect results. For the marinade, it went: 1.5 cup soy sauce.3/4 cup Worcestershire sauce.1 tablespoon garlic powder.1 tablespoon onion powder.1 tsp. Ground chipotle.1 tsp. Black pepper.Optional: (I added a few chopped whole garlic cloves). Taste.

Last edited:
Hi everyone, looking at trying to make beef jerky this weekend but looking for a decent marinade. Have seen alot of then asking for mortons meat tenderize. This is my first attempt so looking for something easy to try

Anyone got lost any recipes or tips
I really like this one. Can't get much simpler. And our food lion regularly has bottom round already sliced thin. https://www.jerkyholic.com/spicy-jerky-with-franks-redhot/

Latest Discussions

Back