Austin XL overheating and not modulating to desired temp setting

Dustin

Reaction score
I have a pit boss Austin XL. Roughly 2 years old. I recently noticed while using that something is going on with it not cooking at setpoint on controller. I have cleaned firebox out and cleaned temp sensor on left hand wall. I set it to smoke yesterday and both digital read out and manual readout on lid went to 500 and went into her code and shut down. It doesn’t matter what setting I set the dial to it just keeps peaking out. Any help would be appreciated!

Either of you have an issue with the austin xl putting itself out set to 250 degrees? Mine does it every single time. Anything set 300 and above its great. Set it to 250 and it goes out and keeps pouring the pellets to it.

Either of you have an issue with the austin xl putting itself out set to 250 degrees? Mine does it every single time. Anything set 300 and above its great. Set it to 250 and it goes out and keeps pouring the pellets to it.

you have a bad controller as it looks like the chip on the board is glitching.

I have a pit boss Austin XL. Roughly 2 years old. I recently noticed while using that something is going on with it not cooking at setpoint on controller. I have cleaned firebox out and cleaned temp sensor on left hand wall. I set it to smoke yesterday and both digital read out and manual readout on lid went to 500 and went into her code and shut down. It doesn’t matter what setting I set the dial to it just keeps peaking out. Any help would be appreciated!
My AUSTIN XL had temps bouncing around never at the set point always way above it and the problem with the Austin XL and a couple other models is the plate when the he flame broiler main plate sits on the 2 ears near the temp probe instead of being round it is flat so there is a space where heat hits the probe causing uneven temps.For a temporary fix I folded up some foil and shaped in to hang over the edge and cover up that open space and it worked,but me being me I do not like temporary fixes and I found a guy that made a modification for his and has started making more so I bought one and my Austin XL now cooks like a dream.Also I removed the diffuser plate.

Have a Austin XL as soon as i turn it on the burner lights, and the heats run away. And the fan keeps running even if I shut the grill off. The only way to stop the fan from running is to unplug it. Checked the the temp probe it seemed to work. Am thinking control panel is my problem. Any help or feed back would be appreciated.

Latest Discussions

Back