Austin Xl blowing breaker

Briscobunch

Reaction score
Ok I need some help with my grill. Back story on it I got water in the auger and had to take it apart and clean it out. I have taken it apart, sanded the auger, cleaned out the auger housing, put it back together and now within the first couple of minutes of bringing the temp up it blows my breaker. After the initial blowing of the breaker it does it again very quickly if turned back on. During the start up everything works and it builds a fire but after the first couple minutes it pops the breaker no matter which I hook it to. The plug in I use is a 15 amp outside regular outlet. My buddy is leaning towards the igniter because almost the same thing happened, but mine turns red and works. I need some help troubleshooting it. It feeds pellets and all fans work.

Ok I need some help with my grill. Back story on it I got water in the auger and had to take it apart and clean it out. I have taken it apart, sanded the auger, cleaned out the auger housing, put it back together and now within the first couple of minutes of bringing the temp up it blows my breaker. After the initial blowing of the breaker it does it again very quickly if turned back on. During the start up everything works and it builds a fire but after the first couple minutes it pops the breaker no matter which I hook it to. The plug in I use is a 15 amp outside regular outlet. My buddy is leaning towards the igniter because almost the same thing happened, but mine turns red and works. I need some help troubleshooting it. It feeds pellets and all fans work.
Make sure the igniter wire is not being pinched and if not then I would pull the igniter out to check or any water issues with it. It is possible the water may have damaged it since what got into your auger may have flowed down to the igniter.

Back