Austin XL Auger won’t stop feeding

Txjeeper

Reaction score
Hello brand new Austin XL, followed all New start up procedures but the auger continuously runs causing overflowing fire pot. If the temp is turned up then the temp spikes and poof blows lid open a bit then temp drops. It doesn’t matter if I use the automatic start up or manual startup process same thing. I will clean out the excess pellets I. The pot and start over but get the same result every time. Help!
?!?

Attachments

• 497D4A35-E4EE-48C4-B414-D725619C2110.jpeg
    497D4A35-E4EE-48C4-B414-D725619C2110.jpeg
    78.5 KB · Views: 334
Hello brand new Austin XL, followed all New start up procedures but the auger continuously runs causing overflowing fire pot. If the temp is turned up then the temp spikes and poof blows lid open a bit then temp drops. It doesn’t matter if I use the automatic start up or manual startup process same thing. I will clean out the excess pellets I. The pot and start over but get the same result every time. Help!
?!?

Check and make sure that the Auger and Fan connections are not reversed. Go to your manual and look at the wiring and make sure the factory did not plug the auger cable to the fan connection to the controller and the Fan cable to the auger connection to the controller. This seems to be an ongoing issue lately with these grills.

Check and make sure that the Auger and Fan connections are not reversed. Go to your manual and look at the wiring and make sure the factory did not plug the auger cable to the fan connection to the controller and the Fan cable to the auger connection to the controller. This seems to be an ongoing issue lately with these grills.

YOU NAILED IT! Thank you! Checked the wiring diagram and it WAS reversed. Works like a champ!

Hey, I’m having a similar issue. Took a look at the wire diagram and it looks like the cords are backwards at the controller connection spot.
Was it an easy fix? What steps do I need to take?

Super easy, just remove the grated plate on the bottom of the hopper box and swap the 2 plugs. The are keyed the same so just flip flop them and you will be good to go!

I can't believe this problem! it happens to a LOT of people and it looks like there is no quality control whatsoever. You would think that if you put these together day to day that you could get the wires in the correct spot.

I can't believe this problem! it happens to a LOT of people and it looks like there is no quality control whatsoever. You would think that if you put these together day to day that you could get the wires in the correct spot.

Come on Mike we are talking China now. LOL

okay i have the same issue. The yellow wire for fan is whered red should be for auger. I cant simply switch those because they seem to be glued to the control panel. How did yall go about swapping these? Im not about cutting and swapping with some wire nuts ?. Please help quickly ive got a pork shoulder that needs to smoke.

I kind of suspect I have this issue. I hear my auger spinning constantly but my fan turns on and off. Is it supposed to be the other way around?

I think I have the same issue... looked up and can see P,Y,R from left to right as I look up... I reversed the Auger and Fan cables but same issue. My Auger will not stop so it floods the pit and will never light either, because it fills up with wood pellets. I have to actually unplug the auger let it light then plug it back in.

Last edited:
Back