Auger Stuck

ClineBoss

Reaction score
We have a Laredo 1000 and we keep getting an Err message. Seems like the auger is getting clogged.
I open the auger door and rattle the auger assembly a few times and it works great.
But I have to do this 2-3 per cooking session.
Question…
The auger assembly is very loose. It is “Shakable”. I took it apart. Pulled the whole system out and found that there is no way to make it tighter. Is that the design?
I am using only PB pellets. Any ideas on how to keep this thing going!
Thanks in advance for any help.

I wouldn’t think so
It does move some due to the different size in the pellets

Once you get the ERR what is after it blinking? Could be 4 different things.
The igniter is blinking.
I may be wrong, but my thought is that the igniter is not seeing pellets because the auger is jammed up.
I am using this thing for the first time since November today and it has erred out about a dozen times.
I turn off, pull the auger in and out to release the pellets and the turn it back on. Works great until it doesn’t.

Control is picking up an issue with the ignitor. Any loose connections to the ignitor, is it positioned correctly in the fire pot?
HSI (hot surface ignitors) are delicate and doesn't take much bumping around to crack the element.
Customer service will send a new one out. 877 303 3134 option 2

Control is picking up an issue with the ignitor. Any loose connections to the ignitor, is it positioned correctly in the fire pot?
HSI (hot surface ignitors) are delicate and doesn't take much bumping around to crack the element.
Customer service will send a new one out. 877 303 3134 option 2
Ok, well I will look at that. It has been on (and off) since 7am this morning, so will have to wait until tomorrow to take apart.
Thank you sir!

Latest Discussions

Back