Auger stops after a minute

Matt

Reaction score
My auger On my 5 series vertical stops after about a minute after powering on. The auger motor shuts down so it’s not just sticking or binding. But when I hold prime button down, auger works fine. Disassembled auger and motor, cleaned both auger and auger shaft (some rust/pitting on auger), cleaned hopper and hopper feed. Reassembled all and got same result. Switched wires from auger motor to combustion fan and auger ran perfectly fine but the combustion fan shut down after a minute. Is this a control board issue? Should I just replace entire control board or is there an easier, simpler fix?

Call customer service 1-877-303-3134 and leave a call back number. No idea why it is doing that.

I did call them. Hard to get a hold of but when I did they were very nice, but couldn’t figure what was wrong. Recommended changing out control board

I have a 700 series smoker. Im having the exact same issue. I’ve taken it apart and cleaned it all just like you. I’ve also replaced the control panel and temperature sensor. Im still having the problem. I’ve tried getting ahold of customer service to no avail. Currently waiting on a reply back about my case.

Update: my unit heats up to roughly 350 before the auger stops. Even if i hold the prime button, the auger doesnt feed. Only if i turn the unit off and then back on does it feed again.

My auger On my 5 series vertical stops after about a minute after powering on. The auger motor shuts down so it’s not just sticking or binding. But when I hold prime button down, auger works fine. Disassembled auger and motor, cleaned both auger and auger shaft (some rust/pitting on auger), cleaned hopper and hopper feed. Reassembled all and got same result. Switched wires from auger motor to combustion fan and auger ran perfectly fine but the combustion fan shut down after a minute. Is this a control board issue? Should I just replace entire control board or is there an easier, simpler fix?
You might want to check and make sure the wiring is plugged in the correct connections. My smoker was having issues and they sent me a new control panel. When i changed it I checked the way it was wired compared to the manual and they had the burn pot plugged into the draft fan plug in and the draft fan into the burn pot connector.

You might want to check and make sure the wiring is plugged in the correct connections. My smoker was having issues and they sent me a new control panel. When i changed it I checked the way it was wired compared to the manual and they had the burn pot plugged into the draft fan plug in and the draft fan into the burn pot connector.
THAT WAS IT!!! That was my problem!! Omg i could kiss you! I’ve been without my smoker for 6 months now and i’ve been trying to build up a bbq business. Being without that smoker has left me only able to bbq on my classic sized grill! I’ve taken that smoker apart so many times now i can look at a screw and know EXACTLY where it goes. Thank you so much!

THAT WAS IT!!! That was my problem!! Omg i could kiss you! I’ve been without my smoker for 6 months now and i’ve been trying to build up a bbq business. Being without that smoker has left me only able to bbq on my classic sized grill! I’ve taken that smoker apart so many times now i can look at a screw and know EXACTLY where it goes. Thank you so much!
You’re welcome

Back